Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(September 9, 2018 at 9:44 am)Khemikal Wrote: What guilt by association?  The only thing you're "guilty" of is repeating the normalizing language and positions of white supremacists.  I keep telling you that people do this on accident with a considerable amount of regularity.  I've even gone through the trouble of explaining why, and linked you to multiple studies on the subject.  You're the one who decided that you were a racist...or don't you recall?
No. I didn't just jump in waving my hands, proudly proclaiming to be racist. You kept calling me racist-- in fact, you challenged me to "own it," if memory serves correct-- and I decided I'd look at that idea-- to define it, and to own those definitions which belong to me (and all people). That's because I identified this tactic of yours right away-- you associate certain ideas with a cluster of ideas, and then attach them all in a giant bill of sale with a derogatory title. I'm not playing that game-- I'm not going to shy away from the truth as I see it in a cowardly avoidance of your epithets.

Talking about income inequality? Find correlations with IQ? "Normalizing white supremacy! Racist. Racissssst!" No. Those are facts which are relevant to economic disparity, and they must be understood. How would you even begin to establish good public policy if you are going to refuse to consider all available information?

Based on your stunning lack of positive ideas for solutions, the answer is-- you wouldn't. You're perfectly happy just slinging shit and sniffing farts.

Quote:Consider this, you're in the very nearly batshit position of complaining that I'm being rude to you, as you expound upon the virtues and accuracy of scientific racism.  Did you expect deference..or a bunch of pleases and thank you's?  If people like me have been mean to you on this subject...perhaps you should stop and seriously consider that there might be something that you're doing.
I'm not complaining about rudeness because you hurt my feelings. I currently give zero shits about what you think of me.

My complaint is that you are using epithets and logical fallacies as a substitute for fact and substantiation. You've done a shit job of arguing any point, and failed completely to support your rhetoric with anything but more hysterical rhetoric.

Nor, as the righteous white knight in shining armor that you portray yourself as, have you expressed any positive ideas about how to help minimize inequality of income, or to provide black kids with a start that wouldn't cripple their IQ scores in early grade school, or anything else. It's painfully obvious that your interest in the matter is more about drawing attention to the awesomeness of your personal values (at least to the degree that you're willing to type them out in an online forum), than about solving problems.

I cannot respect someone who talks so much, and is so unwilling to contribute.

(September 9, 2018 at 9:44 am)Khemikal Wrote: But what would I know, right, lol?
I don't know what you know, but I can say what you seem not to: how to read, or how to argue points properly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by bennyboy - September 9, 2018 at 10:43 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 18784 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 337 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 721 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15476 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4122 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1710 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9634 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus