Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 12:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethical slaughterhouses
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses
One of the fundamental truths of food is that there's no such thing as a free lunch.  Wink

We can only choose..when it comes to food..what sort of thing we're going to be personally complicit in.  We should all have some investment in the ethical treatment of livestock (and..more broadly, the ethical consumption of all food resources).  I'll note here that there are, at least..ethical standards in place for livestock.  There are no such standards in place for the treatment of animals displaced, killed, and currently suffering as part of how we produce alternatives to livestock.

We can shift around whatever fear and agony and death occurs as a consequence of us simply existing as we are on this rock as it is. We can decide to kill one animal instead of another, or decide to kill animals in a specific way and not another. To kill animals here, but not animals there. This is the full extent of our ability.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
Ethical slaughterhouses - by purplepurpose - August 14, 2018 at 2:13 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by brewer - August 14, 2018 at 2:25 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by purplepurpose - August 14, 2018 at 2:53 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by LadyForCamus - August 14, 2018 at 2:26 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by brewer - August 14, 2018 at 2:35 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by vorlon13 - August 14, 2018 at 6:56 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by The Grand Nudger - August 14, 2018 at 4:12 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by vulcanlogician - August 14, 2018 at 7:42 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by purplepurpose - August 15, 2018 at 6:12 am
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by Minimalist - August 14, 2018 at 8:21 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by Brian37 - August 15, 2018 at 11:30 am
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by Mermaid - August 15, 2018 at 2:13 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by purplepurpose - August 15, 2018 at 2:21 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by The Grand Nudger - August 15, 2018 at 2:17 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by The Grand Nudger - August 15, 2018 at 2:21 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by SaStrike - August 15, 2018 at 4:38 pm
RE: Ethical slaughterhouses - by The Grand Nudger - August 15, 2018 at 4:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Meat eating ethical? Tea Earl Grey Hot 87 11881 June 26, 2014 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Is castrating young boys ethical? Tea Earl Grey Hot 99 36947 February 5, 2013 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Apparently this is a thing now...I'm an atheist, libertarian, ethical computer hacker. Ask me anything. Tiberius 41 14152 February 3, 2013 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Shell B