Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 3:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Australia a Small Continent or a large Island?
If Australia a Small Continent or a large Island?
I would think the fact that Australia sits on its own tectonic plate classifies it as a continent. Yet, by that definition, India should also be considered a continent, while Europe, with shares the Eurasian tectonic plate with Asia, should not.

It appear then that continental status is based more on politics and culture than empirical science.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.

Messages In This Thread
If Australia a Small Continent or a large Island? - by Rhondazvous - November 8, 2018 at 2:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Continent Haipule 75 10391 January 17, 2018 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How to move a large rock with 3 bits of rope ! lifesagift 14 2230 November 23, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Take THAT, Australia... Minimalist 8 1189 May 25, 2014 at 12:46 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  We can dare to dream of the stars again, if only we can achieve this small thing. Annik 49 18392 May 17, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Easter Island "Heads" have bodies Jackalope 5 1604 December 17, 2011 at 1:56 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Large woody debris and sonic waves orogenicman 4 1937 May 5, 2011 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: orogenicman