Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism is well-represented in the Sciences.
RE: Atheism is well-represented in the Sciences.
(July 10, 2019 at 3:22 pm)tackattack Wrote:
(July 10, 2019 at 2:19 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:

If your claim is that clear intelligent people just are who they are you must have a blissfully ignorant and simple view of people to include yourself. I'm must confess I'm a little jealous. It's a horribly simplistic view which you have shown to not be true merely from the fact you typed a response. If we just are what we are how did you get the knowledge of how to use a computer to type a sentence? We are a lot of things. Some of which is what we learn through observation, experience, socialization, perspective, geography, etc. An additional one of those things that the royal "we" are based on is what we believe to be true. You and I both would agree that grass is green and poop stinks. Viola shared perspective. The perspective of the scientists do not always share a belief in a God, hence the purpose of the survey. That is just one of trillions of belief that make up themselves. My point was that how well you do your job as a scientist has 0 direct correlation to whether or not you believe in a sky daddy.

The fact is religious views DO inform part of who someone is, and using basic math if you're made up of 1 million beliefs and you add one more you're now 1 belief deeper than your atheist counterpart. I think your bigotry stems from seeing people only as you want to see them, and classifying them by the parts you don't agree with and them over simplifying that generalization to magnify your own ignorance of their beliefs. Have fun with that. For such an incorrect view of what drives people to be able to inform who a person is, that person must be very little and has scant hope of ever being much more.

It's clear that some of the anti-religion people are just bigots. 

They think like bigots, they write like bigots. They get support on this forum for bigoted views.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheism is well-represented in the Sciences. - by Belacqua - July 10, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well....Maybe Minimalist 17 4298 July 22, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Well This Isn't Good Minimalist 5 1349 January 27, 2015 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Well Said, Doc. Minimalist 4 1340 August 18, 2013 at 8:21 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Meteor Shower This AM (Bonus ISS action as well) The Grand Nudger 3 1538 August 12, 2011 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: MilesTailsPrower