Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 10:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about the immigration crisis?
RE: What do you think about the immigration crisis?
(January 29, 2020 at 5:32 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: Fear-mongering that those refugees are actually terrorists who will kill us all. Or that immigration would somehow destroy our economy (ironically, those same people talk also that emmigration will destroy our economy). And, last but not the least, that it's important to protect the borders of the European Union so that we get into the Schengen "free-movement and free-trade" (if you ask me, it's neither of those things) zone.

Then I'd have to say that's a bit ignorant and close-minded. If we should be afraid of refugees potentially being terrorists, then I suppose we should also be afraid of any immigrant, legal or otherwise, potentially being a terrorist or criminal of some kind. Hell, at that rate, you might as well suspect any and everyone of being a terrorist or criminal. Though, I suppose that's how a lot of people in law enforcement think. Must be a shitty way to live to constantly be paranoid of everyone around you.

What I don't understand about people who think refugees are potential terrorists is, why do these people believe terrorists would enter the country that way? Is it some grand conspiracy just to get a few terrorists into a region, mixed in with, let's say, 5,000 normal civilians? Or do they just believe that, out of 5,000 refugees from a Muslim country, that some of them must be terrorists? I'm not sure which line of thinking is more stupid.

Mind you, Islamic extremists are far common than a lot of misguided, or, at times, willfully ignorant, liberals would have you think, but they're certainly not as plentiful as a lot of misguided, or, at times, willfully ignorant, conservatives would have you think. In the grand scheme of things, Islamic extremists are certainly not common. They're actually pretty damn rare when you consider how many Muslims there are in the world.

So, yeah, denying refugees out of fear of some of them potentially being terrorists is pretty fucking ignorant. Then again, would I choose to give shelter to a group of homeless people that showed up at my front door in the middle of the night? Probably not, because it isn't my fucking problem. Obviously, the situations are ridiculously different, but guess what? I'd respect people a lot more if they simply said, "Hey, we don't want refugees here because they're not our problem."

But, that's clearly not the issue is it? It's often fueled by racism and/or Islamophobia.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think about the immigration crisis? - by EgoDeath - February 2, 2020 at 2:36 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4909 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1334 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What do you think about the police? FlatAssembler 169 13947 December 19, 2022 at 12:49 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 962 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  What do you think about gun control? FlatAssembler 93 4098 February 21, 2022 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] The Mental Health Crisis T.J. 14 1274 December 1, 2021 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What do you think is Trump's next move? WinterHold 42 1861 October 8, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1686 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  [Serious] The Mental Illness Crisis in America T.J. 9 1151 August 19, 2019 at 12:03 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Illegal Immigration Lek 183 14863 February 15, 2019 at 3:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger