Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic Reflection]: The universe is expanding
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: The universe is expanding
(July 7, 2020 at 7:44 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
(July 6, 2020 at 8:00 pm)Grandizer Wrote: From what I'm reading, this "lam al tawkeed" is for emphasis, and nothing to do with time?

I checked more books on this:

Quran syntax

It's more specifically an  "2sm 7al اسم حال-situation/condition noun", connected the "verb "built" ".

Quote:And if "mouse3oon" is an "ism" (noun) does it not mean "that/those who widen" (youse3)?

I was wrong in this post, the "lam" doesn't turn the word to a verb:
Quote:Winterhold said:

That takes away the relationship to the word "فسيح" because the letter "ل" just turned the word into a verb that will happen in the future.

The correct explanation for the syntax is that It's a "situation noun" connected to the verb "built". I believe that makes more sense, this is what the books were saying as I understand.

So it goes like this -as I understand-: "the heavens were built "verb" and their situation/condition is that they are expanded by God"situation/condition noun".

Quote:Look at it this way. Instead of "mouse3oun", let's consider the word "khalikoon" instead.

Wa inna la khalikoon (if I'm doing it right) should translate to "We are the creator(s)", it doesn't mean they will continue creating into the future, only that they are [its] creator

"Mowse3oon" is a "situation noun اسم حال", it describes a state or a "situation": the situation of the heavens are the expansion by God. 
"Khalikoon" must fit into the frame of the sentence's meaning and context; it doesn't fit in this.

I remember doing i3rab back in high school in Lebanon, though wasn't connected to the Qur'an in my case. Fun times ...

Can you tell me which page where the book explains this "ism l7aal"? I don't remember this one, but do remember ism l fa3el and ism l maf3oul and such.

I do remember that, in most cases at least, when we talk about a noun with "oun" at end, it indicates plurality, not ongoing action.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: The universe is expanding - by Grandizer - July 10, 2020 at 1:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4583 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2837 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1497 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4327 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 3132 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2148 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic reflection]: What is time? WinterHold 13 1347 July 29, 2022 at 3:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4403 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III WinterHold 71 4842 May 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: JairCrawford
  The Origins of the Universe king krish 62 4746 March 23, 2022 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate