Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 6:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blexit Campaign - Black Exit from the US Democratic Party
RE: Blexit Campaign - Black Exit from the US Democratic Party
(July 6, 2020 at 1:43 pm)Athene Wrote:
(July 6, 2020 at 10:50 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: It's hard to take you seriously when you describe Democrats asking for your vote as commanding you as slaves to vote for them. No one is making you vote for them.

I was speaking of the expectation that black voters should show up for them by racist decree and not demand anything in exchange for their loyalty.

Don't care if you take me seriously or not, tbh. My days of taking one for that fucking clown team are over. 
We (black people) would be better served if more of us take our leave of the Democratic Party, so that's what I encourage. It's not nearly as hard as one would think. Plenty of black folks are already there by the time I get to them.

It's good stuff.

The current administration is responsible for tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths due to its bungling of the pandemic response and committing an ongoing crime against humanity with its family separation policy and kids in camps; and your grievance with the Democrats is deep enough that you're okay with letting all that continue. I don't agree with that, but I went through a 20-year phase of 'a pox on both their houses' so I can't throw stones. The current shit show changed my mind and it just doesn't change yours.

(July 6, 2020 at 9:14 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Yes, absolutely, there are problems with the democratic party.  I'll be the first to argue that.  But let's look at our alternatives:  Republicans are literally courting klansmen and neo nazis.  A "unite the right" rally involved some of the most racist pieces of trash calling themselves republican.  I have a very hard time seeing black people being able to overlook that a political party is literally welcoming klansmen.

After that, there's the green party and libertarians.  I mean, I'd like to see more third party participation in American politics, but we would have to make some serious, fundamental changes to the American political system for that to happen.  Right now, third parties are just spoilers, frequently funded by parties that are hostile to their ideology simply to weaken their opponent.  

And as much as there are problems with the democratic party, I'm going to assume that a lot of black people feel the same way I do: I'm not crazy about the democratic party and I absolutely loathe Joe Biden, but at least his political party doesn't want me dead.  When your very existence is a partisan political issue, I don't feel like I really get to choose what party to support.  I have to be a democrat because hating me is part of the republican platform.

I used to say there isn't a dime's worth of difference between Democrats and Republicans; but the Republicans have lost their damn minds.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blexit Campaign - Black Exit from the US Democratic Party - by Mister Agenda - July 7, 2020 at 9:50 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Head of WHO plays the "Race Card." Can you guess if he's black looking? Duty 9 738 April 14, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4187 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Black Serial Killers Foxaèr 10 964 November 29, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: T.J.
  Guess which party onlinebiker 20 1661 August 17, 2021 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  100th Aniversery of the Black Wall Street Masacre. Brian37 8 580 May 28, 2021 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1541 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Black female Dr. dies of covid. Treatment in question. brewer 2 433 December 30, 2020 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Armed Black Protesters March Through Confederate Park The Architect Of Fate 26 1670 July 16, 2020 at 11:46 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  black people 450 years a slave?!!? Drich 77 7099 June 13, 2020 at 5:49 am
Last Post: UtilitarianDeist
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2262 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene