Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100th Aniversery of the Black Wall Street Masacre.
100th Aniversery of the Black Wall Street Masacre.
And unfortunately today, we are still dealing with police injustice, redlining and gerrymandering. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre
RE: 100th Aniversery of the Black Wall Street Masacre.
(May 28, 2021 at 3:34 pm)Brian37 Wrote: And unfortunately today, we are still dealing with police injustice, redlining and gerrymandering. 

As tragic as the Tulsa massacre was, police injustice, redlining, and gerrymandering had nothing to do with it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 28, 2021 at 6:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 28, 2021 at 3:34 pm)Brian37 Wrote: And unfortunately today, we are still dealing with police injustice, redlining and gerrymandering. 

As tragic as the Tulsa massacre was, police injustice, redlining, and gerrymandering had nothing to do with it.

Boru

The hell it does not.

If you want to argue the difference between back then, and today, there certainly is. But to claim blacks don't suffer enequity today when it comes to police interaction, or social or economic inequity is bullshit.
(May 28, 2021 at 6:28 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 28, 2021 at 6:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: As tragic as the Tulsa massacre was, police injustice, redlining, and gerrymandering had nothing to do with it.

Boru

The hell it does not.

If you want to argue the difference between back then, and today, there certainly is. But to claim blacks don't suffer enequity today when it comes to police interaction, or social or economic inequity is bullshit.

Did I claim that? Did I even imply that? I don’t think I did.

I wish you’d have the decency to stop lying about me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 28, 2021 at 6:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 28, 2021 at 6:28 pm)Brian37 Wrote: The hell it does not.

Did I claim that? Did I even imply that? I don’t think I did.

Boru

Whose lying? How about you stop twisting my words yourself? You love taking every thing I say out of context, you make it a sport.
(May 28, 2021 at 6:38 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 28, 2021 at 6:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Did I claim that? Did I even imply that? I don’t think I did.

Boru

Whose lying? How about you stop twisting my words yourself? You love taking every thing I say out of context, you make it a sport.

I took nothing out of context. You cited three causes of the Tulsa massacre. When I said those causes had nothing to do with the massacre (and they didn’t), you accused me of claiming that black Americans today don’t suffer from inequality and injustice. That’s a lie.

Boru
(May 28, 2021 at 6:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 28, 2021 at 6:38 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Whose lying? How about you stop twisting my words yourself? You love taking every thing I say out of context, you make it a sport.

I took nothing out of context. You cited three causes of the Tulsa massacre. When I said those causes had nothing to do with the massacre (and they didn’t), you accused me of claiming that black Americans today don’t suffer from inequality and injustice. That’s a lie.

Boru

He's building quite the straw-man army there, isn't he? Wink
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 28, 2021 at 6:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 28, 2021 at 6:38 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Whose lying? How about you stop twisting my words yourself? You love taking every thing I say out of context, you make it a sport.

Boru

Yes, the same racism that allowed Byrona Taylor to be murdered and Eric Garner and Trevon Martin. 

The Tulsa Masacre happened for the same reason we are dealing with George Floyd today.

If you agree that they DO suffer from inequity today, AND THEY DO, then what is your problem?
(May 28, 2021 at 7:04 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 28, 2021 at 6:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I took nothing out of context. You cited three causes of the Tulsa massacre. When I said those causes had nothing to do with the massacre (and they didn’t), you accused me of claiming that black Americans today don’t suffer from inequality and injustice. That’s a lie.

Boru

Yes, the same racism that allowed Byrona Taylor to be murdered and Eric Garner and Trevon Martin. 

The Tulsa Masacre happened for the same reason we are dealing with George Floyd today.

If you agree that they DO suffer from inequity today, AND THEY DO, then what is your problem?

No, the Tulsa massacre had very different reason. Not like the Floyd incident at all.

My problem is that you said I DON’T agree that they suffer from injustice and inequality, when I never said or implied anything of the kind.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Head of WHO plays the "Race Card." Can you guess if he's black looking? Duty 9 692 April 14, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 3901 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Black Serial Killers Foxaèr 10 941 November 29, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: T.J.
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1483 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Black female Dr. dies of covid. Treatment in question. brewer 2 423 December 30, 2020 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Blexit Campaign - Black Exit from the US Democratic Party Duty 154 8531 November 8, 2020 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 408 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Armed Black Protesters March Through Confederate Park The Architect Of Fate 26 1572 July 16, 2020 at 11:46 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  black people 450 years a slave?!!? Drich 77 6743 June 13, 2020 at 5:49 am
Last Post: UtilitarianDeist
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1408 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball