Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 2:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them.
RE: Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them.
(July 15, 2020 at 6:48 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote:

Every person in every couple you have ever met has failed in every relationship except the one they are currently in and even that one might end at any moment. There are plenty of fish in the sea, but you know what else is in the sea? microplastics.

I love that song. It really emphasizes that the other person isn't really perfect. I love Tim Minchin.

But I do think that the other person can be really rare and so rare that you will never meet somebody so awesome ever again in your mere lifetime because life is short.

(July 15, 2020 at 6:49 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 15, 2020 at 6:45 pm)ModusPonens1 Wrote: But what about the possibility that they were slightly too good for me. Not because they are egotistical. But because they really do deserve slightly better.  This may mean that I deserve slightly worse ... but it may also be true that they will never find anybody better than me but I'm still not good enough and they're better off alone. Is this making sense?

If they were too good for you, then they weren’t perfect for you. Is sounds as if you're describing an obsession and not a relationship.

Boru

Slightly too good for me but so slightly that they may not find somebody else as good for them as me but they're still better off, perhaps, without me.

It's not an obsession. Why? Because I can be somewhat happy and live my life without them. It's not an obsession because it's not a need and what we had was mutual.

I'm still just here left wondering what to do and having to wonder if I'll ever meet anybody that I want to be with ever again when any future person will always live under their shadow.
"Zen … does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." - Alan Watts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them. - by Porcupine - July 15, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If life is temporary, why is finding a date so HARD? snow_wolf22 126 7929 October 30, 2023 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Age Gap Relationships FrustratedFool 32 1736 September 21, 2023 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  How would you react to finding out you were making out with a transsexual? TaraJo 102 6719 March 28, 2019 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do satirists respond to criticism from the ones close to them? Der/die AtheistIn 3 527 March 13, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Getting space in relationships Der/die AtheistIn 17 893 September 16, 2018 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*