Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 7:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them.
RE: Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them.
tack, TA, dave.. whatever, I'm not picky.

You're looking at the wrong sampling. How many people to you know and come into contact with in a single year? Of that your relationships with them are of what magnitude, 1/9999 ?
The problem is not that when we focus our attention on what we can will or control it comes from a narrowing of vision. You're putting on blinders for those 10 relationships to the 100000 other relationships you could be having, because of our ability to only focus on such a small area we can socially control. That's the definition of what "many fish in the sea" is all about. It's not you and your 5 relationships in a little pond, it's 5 little fish swimming in a group in a school of fish in a vast sea of life. We can only see our little pond though. Opening up to the possibilities that those minutes coffee conversations with a stranger could lead to lifetime of contentment and happiness is what you're blinded to. To answer your question... regardless of the other topics you asked "then what?" My answer is to open yourself to possibilities and engage with people in your life, lots of them (and not just the ones you're comfortable with). Get uncomfortably close and personal, test the waters, give, seek, love, learn and grow.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Messages In This Thread
RE: Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them. - by tackattack - July 16, 2020 at 11:20 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If life is temporary, why is finding a date so HARD? snow_wolf22 126 7913 October 30, 2023 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Age Gap Relationships FrustratedFool 32 1735 September 21, 2023 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  How would you react to finding out you were making out with a transsexual? TaraJo 102 6716 March 28, 2019 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do satirists respond to criticism from the ones close to them? Der/die AtheistIn 3 527 March 13, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Getting space in relationships Der/die AtheistIn 17 891 September 16, 2018 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*