Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High percent of republicans refusing covid vaccination
RE: High percent of republicans refusing covid vaccination
(March 23, 2021 at 10:22 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(March 23, 2021 at 10:04 pm)brewer Wrote: FTFY/M

That's interesting, are you a medical professional? People have every right to make decisions concerning their health and their body. Including the refusal or withdrawal of treatment, at any time, even if it seems medically unsound to you. That's not up for debate; that's part of medical moral discourse.

Yes, retired. And you're incorrect, medical professionals, courts and legislatures have this debate routinely.

I agree, they have the right to refuse up to a point (ever heard the saying your rights stop where my nose starts). Depending on the medical issue, once the point is crossed there may be consequences. The point is usually when the person(s) have the potential to cause harm to others due to behavior or disease or both. Haven't you heard of mandatory requirements for vaccinations to travel, enter a country, attend school, serve in the military,........? How about mandatory mental health treatment in lieu of incarceration? Do you believe ebola infected people in the US could refuse treatment and be let out to continue their normal routines?  If the individual does not want the treatment and they are considered a threat to others they can be isolated from society or have treatment imposed upon them.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/sta...tutes.aspx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involuntary_treatment

Locally we had a MDR TB patient that didn't leave VA isolation for over a year. In part because he refused treatment in the beginning.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High percent of republicans refusing covid vaccination - by brewer - March 23, 2021 at 11:42 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now HappySkeptic 44 1916 February 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 2151 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 576 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  An honest question for the Republicans Foxaèr 26 1295 November 20, 2020 at 1:25 pm
  Question About Republicans DeistPaladin 13 1313 September 22, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Protest Covid Concerns The Architect Of Fate 3 541 June 5, 2020 at 8:48 am
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 834 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
Big Grin Democrats VS Republicans I believe in Harry Potter 17 2020 October 28, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Rabid Republicans in Oregon senate Rev. Rye 5 625 June 22, 2019 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump and the One Percent... Rev. Rye 53 3522 May 14, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye