Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now
Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now
I heard that what is called as the "Trucker Protest" in Canada may now be moving to the U.S.

The bridges into Canada are being blocked, and some protestors claim they are willing to die in their quest to force the Federal government to force an end to all COVID-related mandates (vaccine, mask, etc.) despite most health measures being under provincial authority. (I would argue that they aren't willing to die, but they are willing to kill others with COVID).

There is some legitimate discussion over border-rules, when there is equal amounts of COVID infection on both sides of the border.  However, the protest has now been taken over by the far-right.

Should anyone blocking a border with a truck be thrown in jail?  Do people expect this to spread to their cities and borders?
RE: Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now
Taken over? It's an astroturf campaign they started, primarily fundraised for by nuts who thought alberta should separate from canada and join the trump led US. Meanwhile, some of the poor dupes they conned into participating are about to get shitcanned for misuse of company vehicles, and gofundme tried to getthefuckout when they realized it just might be a scam.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I am so sick of the anti vaxxers and anti mask morons. A virus does not give a fuck about your political leanings or your class or your religion. It will kill anyone stupid enough not take precautions. And I am so sick of the right wing, just like guns, claiming more is better. If you just breath it in everyone builds immunity.
I was just listening to a news report on the radio where they interviewed a trucker who is not involved. His comment was to let them have one lane to do their protest but to let others by. That seems way too reasonable to me for it to actually happen.

Also mentioned on the same news story is it's expected there will be some sort of trucker protest at the Super Bowl venue.

I think we have reached the stage of "Let's just fuck everything up."

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(February 10, 2022 at 11:44 am)Brian37 Wrote: I am so sick of the anti vaxxers and anti mask morons. A virus does not give a fuck about your political leanings or your class or your religion. It will kill anyone stupid enough not take precautions. And I am so sick of the right wing, just like guns, claiming more is better. If you just breath it in everyone builds immunity.

Unless it’s someone you know - like your cabbie - then you get all apologetic.

Fucking hypocrite.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 10, 2022 at 11:45 am)arewethereyet Wrote: I was just listening to a news report on the radio where they interviewed a trucker who is not involved.  His comment was to let them have one lane to do their protest but to let others by.  That seems way too reasonable to me for it to actually happen.

How would they protest that their freedom to cross the border as truckers is being taken away if they let other truckers cross the border?  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
At this time, and after this many days, I'm not sure how they're not breaking laws. Maybe they need to be ready to protest at their own expense (fine, asset seizure, jail).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
They have been, and alot of them. Yet another obvious demonstration of how they are not, in fact, living under the tyrannical rule of a police state.
The mask mandates should have ended a very long time ago.
<insert profound quote here>
I'm sick of these yahoos being in the capital. Dodgy

Quote:The mask mandates should have ended a very long time ago.
Congrats on uttering the most ignorant statement on mask ever uttered by a Conservative  Clap
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High percent of republicans refusing covid vaccination brewer 36 3263 March 24, 2021 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 572 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  We're all ( D )s now. onlinebiker 22 1122 November 12, 2020 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Protest Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 42 1717 October 17, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Protest Covid Concerns The Architect Of Fate 3 538 June 5, 2020 at 8:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1097 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  The End Of the Pathologization Of Intersex Amarok 1 462 July 7, 2019 at 4:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump Claims He Can Use Executive Order to End Birthright Citizenship Seraphina 43 3117 November 2, 2018 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How will the Trump Presidency end? (Poll) TheBeardedDude 55 14667 October 18, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Alan V
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1239 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist