Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 12:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why do you not believe in the concept of a God?
RE: Why do you not believe in the concept of a God?
(June 3, 2021 at 4:22 am)johndoe122931 Wrote:
(June 2, 2021 at 3:20 pm)Angrboda Wrote:
Quote:So, let's use Zeus for example. I simply believe that Zeus is just one of the Fallen Angels masquerading itself as a god. All the regional gods of the earth are simply that. They are the fallen ones. So, yes I believe in Zeus and Krishna and Ra, etc. They are placing themselves as gods on this earth to be worshipped by humans. I truly believe them to be real entities that roam this planet since they were cast out of heaven.

Then you don't believe in Zeus.  You're just playing semantic games.  Saying you believe X only if we're willing to accept you redefining X as something it's not  is equivocation.

No, not at all. I believe Zeus is a fallen angel. He doesn't have to be Satan perse I only used that name for example. And just for everybody to understand I am only telling you what I believe to be true. I am very much expecting you all to ridicule me and the like, but this is not up for debate nor argument. This is what I believe and that's that. If you want to twist and turn what I say into what makes you feel comfortable to continue the ridicule I am totally cool with that. Go ahead and tell me what I believe, but that is not going to get you any closer to really trying to understand me or my beliefs. Yet, I suspect you all really don't care what I believe and that's fine with me too.

I'm not ridiculing you. I'm pointing out that what you're saying is wrong. It would be akin to my saying that I believe in Jesus Christ, but by Jesus Christ I mean a moldy piece of cheese in the back of my fridge. It's using a word that refers to something in two different senses simultaneously, implying the meaning of Zeus as a god in order to communicate that you believe in a god, but in reality meaning something that is not a god. Zeus is a god. If what you're referring to isn't a god, then that's not Zeus. You're just trying to trick and deceive people by using misleading and fallacious words. Or do you accept that Jesus Christ refers to a piece of moldy cheese? What you're doing is equivocating on the meaning of the term Zeus, which is a fallacy, and makes what you say invalid.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? - by Angrboda - June 3, 2021 at 8:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5756 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 5150 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Quick Poll - Do you believe in God? Tiberius 1632 459167 May 13, 2023 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2419 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 7368 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  "Why is it reasonable to believe in prisons, but not in the hell?" FlatAssembler 124 8099 February 19, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13858 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4201 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Not Even A Little Bit Serious] Why AREN'T You An Atheist? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 3480 December 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Who do not atheists believe? Interaktive 12 2362 March 25, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda