Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:12 am

Poll: How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory?
This poll is closed.
I believe! I have faith!
0%
0 0%
Big bang theory? More like the big stupid theory! amirite?
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory?
How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory?
Tying into my other thread 'are atheists stupid' thought I'd start a poll so everyone can see the results, I think its pretty self explanatory.
RE: How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory?
I don’t “believe” in the Big Bang theory, I accept the theory

(January 4, 2024 at 6:20 am)h4ym4n Wrote: I don’t “believe” in the Big Bang theory, I accept the theory

Hey no one is going to faith shame you here, come on bring that big beautiful big bang science fiction religion my way. Its okay its the most widely accepted scientific theory out there and its absolutely ridiculously garbage, also it was made by a Jesuit, so really you should be thinking 'is this Roman Catholic Propaganda?' in which case you'd be right the Roman Catholic Church has made a living fooling people for thousands of years, now is no different.
(January 4, 2024 at 6:25 am)Authari Wrote:
(January 4, 2024 at 6:20 am)h4ym4n Wrote: I don’t “believe” in the Big Bang theory, I accept the theory

Hey no one is going to faith shame you here, come on bring that big beautiful big bang science fiction religion my way. Its okay its the most widely accepted scientific theory out there and its absolutely ridiculously garbage, also it was made by a Jesuit, so really you should be thinking 'is this Roman Catholic Propaganda?' in which case you'd be right the Roman Catholic Church has made a living fooling people for thousands of years, now is no different.

Perhaps you should tell us exactly what you imagine the BBT is, because I can't shake the feeling that you're heading for a strawman.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
the big bang theory seems to fit the available evidence so far (if you run the expansion of the universe backwards it goes down to a single hot dense point) but new evidence may change that, and what happened in the first few fractions of a second is not clear (things get a bit quantum and strange!) Still makes more sense than a god just "poofing stuff into existence"
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(January 4, 2024 at 6:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 4, 2024 at 6:25 am)Authari Wrote: Hey no one is going to faith shame you here, come on bring that big beautiful big bang science fiction religion my way. Its okay its the most widely accepted scientific theory out there and its absolutely ridiculously garbage, also it was made by a Jesuit, so really you should be thinking 'is this Roman Catholic Propaganda?' in which case you'd be right the Roman Catholic Church has made a living fooling people for thousands of years, now is no different.

Perhaps you should tell us exactly what you imagine the BBT is, because I can't shake the feeling that you're heading for a strawman.

Boru

i do not see any of you voting, come on don't be shy about it, embrace your faith!
(January 4, 2024 at 6:32 am)Authari Wrote:
(January 4, 2024 at 6:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Perhaps you should tell us exactly what you imagine the BBT is, because I can't shake the feeling that you're heading for a strawman.

Boru

i do not see any of you voting, come on don't be shy about it, embrace your faith!

Post a legitimate poll and you'll get votes. Keep asking idiotic have-you-stopped-beating-your-wife type questions and you won't.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 4, 2024 at 6:32 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: the big bang theory seems to fit the available evidence so far (if you run the expansion of the universe backwards it goes down to a single hot dense point) but new evidence may change that, and what happened in the first few fractions of a second is not clear (things get a bit quantum and strange!) Still makes more sense than a god just "poofing stuff into existence"

right because the universe just poofed into existence it has definitely not been chilling for eternity in a static universe state, that is just to difficult for anyone to imagine, an infinite and eternal universe? God just thinking about it must hurt the poor wittle atheist brain.
(January 4, 2024 at 6:35 am)Authari Wrote:
(January 4, 2024 at 6:32 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: the big bang theory seems to fit the available evidence so far (if you run the expansion of the universe backwards it goes down to a single hot dense point) but new evidence may change that, and what happened in the first few fractions of a second is not clear (things get a bit quantum and strange!) Still makes more sense than a god just "poofing stuff into existence"

right because the universe just poofed into existence it has definitely not been chilling for eternity in a static universe state, that is just to difficult for anyone to imagine, an infinite and eternal universe? God just thinking about it must hurt the poor wittle atheist brain.

Yup, strawman.

Boru
(January 4, 2024 at 6:35 am)Authari Wrote:

Ok, please explain why everything is moving apart
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 10059 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Quick Poll - Do you believe in God? Tiberius 1632 452235 May 13, 2023 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2395 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8154 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  How many of you know that there is atheism in Sanatana Dharma ? hindu 19 2292 June 7, 2020 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 7034 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13546 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4095 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Who do not atheists believe? Interaktive 12 2345 March 25, 2019 at 10:46 am
  First order logic, set theory and God dr0n3 293 27087 December 11, 2018 at 11:35 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X