Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 7:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom error message for stack overflow in C++
RE: Custom error message for stack overflow in C++
(August 12, 2021 at 8:58 am)HappySkeptic Wrote:
(August 12, 2021 at 3:42 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: That is not my homework, it is my hobby project. We have not yet learned anything about compiler theory at the university. And, actually, I will probably drop out from the university. I feel like I can learn more useful stuff about computers on Internet forums than at the university.

But will anyone hire you?

Most successful graduates "also" do hobby projects.

You have talent, but you need more knowledge (and you need to be able to prove you have knowledge).  Right now you are "almost" at a junior programmer level.

If you quit because you just prefer to do your own hobby stuff, why would anyone hire you?  You aren't going to be doing your own hobby work in a company.  They will tell you what they want done, and you have to figure out the design and solution (or work as part of the solution, if you are working under a senior developer)
Well, I think I am competent enough to have a job. And even if I am not, I don't think university will make me competent. They did not teach me how to change a lightbulb in our electrical engineering classes, so they also will not teach me useful things in our programming classes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom error message for stack overflow in C++ - by FlatAssembler - August 12, 2021 at 10:34 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the most absurd error message a program you have made was outputting? FlatAssembler 38 3977 June 14, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Error 502 bad gateway for Rational Responders Brian37 13 1352 April 23, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Do I Send an SMS message From UK mobile to a US one ReptilianPeon 11 1824 July 9, 2018 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  HELPPPPP Blue screen error just now!!! Edwardo Piet 114 10514 November 10, 2015 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Disk read error. Creed of Heresy 12 4071 July 27, 2012 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Video Error: Grey circle with a white exclaimation mark inside. Reforged 5 3775 July 5, 2012 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Reforged