Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 12:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explanation Required by the 12 guys? + the secret.
RE: Explanation Required by the 12 guys? + the secret.
I'm not super concerned with what christians think. I wonder more how the boundaries of what would be bizarre for a god are constructed in the minds of non believers.

As an example, I often see people ask these questions with respect to some rube goldberg setup. Why would god do this dumb thing X in such a needlessly complicated and ineffectual way? Well, why wouldn't they, is that even odd behavior for a god to hear the stories told? It's not difficult to understand why and that a person committed to some article of their faith would twist their own scrotum into a knot trying to make it all "make sense" specifically in light of those articles of their faith. It's less clear why non believers tend to have or hold on to the same implicit expectations and requirements of the divine.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Explanation Required by the 12 guys? + the secret. - by The Grand Nudger - December 13, 2021 at 3:37 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolutionary explanation of religion cyber_freddy 33 2734 December 25, 2020 at 6:52 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 814 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  You guys are right. Mystic 54 8159 February 5, 2018 at 10:30 am
Last Post: haig
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, vaahaa 19 2832 September 18, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Maybe you guys are mixing religion with God Fk789 36 3362 November 1, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Secret Ceremonies (book) vodkafan 1 981 August 19, 2014 at 9:34 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Aren't fundamentalists the 'good' guys? Dystopia 16 3370 August 4, 2014 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Possible explanation of supernatural religious visitations BlackMason 15 4244 May 13, 2014 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  A rational explanation for hell? Ace Otana 265 117514 January 26, 2014 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - thunderhulk 30 7882 December 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72