Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking meaningful advice from atheists
RE: Seeking meaningful advice from atheists
(May 10, 2022 at 6:32 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:We're seeing this now in Hollywood as it is endlessly remaking and retelling old stories which resonated with millions across the world. Only now these stories have mary-sue type women who are handed everything (Mulan, Rey) because Hollywood is trying to appeal to a new kind of feminist virtue which insists that women are special for existing, rather than that they are special for overcoming difficulty (or sexism in the case of Mulan). The result is bad stories which teach no good morals, a fireworks show at best that is here today and forgotten tomorrow.

You hate fictional women as well as real women. Got it.

Do you consider yourself to be an intellectual? Because this is the response of someone who doesn't want to have an honest conversation. Maybe you should screencap my post for tumblr, I think you'll find a lot of people who mindlessly agree with you over there.

How does handing women everything (including magic power) teach them any good morals? How does making Rey special for no reason help real world women overcome conflict? You know how I am about slander Mr. Boru, I don't take kindly to anti-intellectual accusations which seek to use hateful-speech as a replacement for a genuine discussion. And if you're going to make an accusation of me then you should at least have the courage to defend it.

Perhaps you are insisting that women should be handed everything because they were born with a pair of X chromosomes? Is this how you would raise your daughters, and how well behaved do you think they would be? Would they show any amount of respect for those less fortunate? Would they ever learn compassion or understanding? Would you even bother to teach your daughters moral values?

If you are an intellectual then I'm sure you'll agree with me that Ad-Hominin is no substitute for logic or reason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking meaningful advice from atheists - by h311inac311 - May 10, 2022 at 7:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Grad student seeking atheist to interview brookelauren25 97 6549 February 21, 2022 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2871 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Fear of hell, advice please orthodox-man 120 24449 March 10, 2018 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Just a bit of advice please MattyVigilante 17 2532 March 1, 2018 at 4:09 am
Last Post: SaStrike
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2206 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Need advice for going to college Won2blv 33 4618 September 19, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I think my mother may be becoming an atheist, advice? IanHulett 22 5676 October 17, 2015 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Any advice on coming out to my parents? BitchinHitchins 26 6848 August 2, 2015 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Help: jumped on for seeking scientific proof of spiritual healing emilynghiem 55 17734 February 21, 2015 at 2:54 am
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  atheist looking for advice jackriot100 56 9566 February 15, 2015 at 5:02 am
Last Post: emilynghiem