Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am an Agnostic Atheist - Document complete and attached
Why I am an Agnostic Atheist - Document complete and attached
Well I just finished my document today which totals 34 total pages outside of the cover page/table of contents.

I have attached it as some of you wanted to read it and I hope it is beneficial to any lurkers etc who come here as well. It pretty much represents the last five months of my life/investigation where I just started becoming an atheist this summer and up to now.

I already know one criticism of it may be is I did not go as in depth on certain things as some people may have liked. Honestly I also did not want to have to start putting sources in and essentially writing a book. This document is something I intend on keeping with me and probably expanding/editing potentially for the rest of my life.

Feel free to take whatever you want out of this document and use it in whatever way you want. The point for me isn't to get credit but to help and spread the information around. If it wasn't for forums like these etc getting to this point would have been a lot harder so a big thanks to you guys on here as well ^_^.

Attached Files
.doc   Why I am an agnostic atheist - by James Ware.doc (Size: 98 KB / Downloads: 23)
RE: Why I am an Agnostic Atheist - Document complete and attached
I downloaded your essay and read through it fairly quickly (I'll take a closer look when I have more time). Pretty good I thought.

On page 15 you wrote about the history of the Old Testament - I'm no scholar and have read only popular books on the subject, but I got a lot of help from Richard Friedman's "Who Wrote The Bible?" available here:
http://www.amazon.com/Wrote-Bible-Richar...0060630353

Been there, done that, now there is unholy tine:

Zero-state morality, dual-state identity, and vector atheism. Of course, I cheated. Devil

What is good, seeing the thinking going on. 34 pages is a read. Wink
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
Read it earlier... pretty good. Its nice that you organized your argument as you did. I hope this helps you settle the score.
I am pretty sure the score is going to be evened nicely. It literally would have taken me hours upon hours to explain that to each person I want to talk to. This document is such a time saver and although I have realized some things that I left out I think it is a pretty good dose of whats going on for me.

I appreciate the feedback and those of you who read it so far Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question from an agnostic chrisNub 41 9210 March 30, 2018 at 7:28 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why atheism is important, and why religion is dangerous causal code 20 8462 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  My brother who used to be a devout Muslim is now agnostic Lebneni Murtad 4 1357 March 21, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  What is the right definition of agnostic? Red_Wind 27 5809 November 7, 2016 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 6956 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Well, I just can't change that I'm Agnostic... LivingNumbers6.626 15 2974 July 6, 2016 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Everyone is Agnostic z7z 16 3297 June 26, 2016 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Can you persuade me from Agnostic to Atheist? AgnosticMan123 160 24788 June 6, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: Adam Blackstar
  My siblings are agnostic, should I try discussing atheism with them? CindyBaker 17 3583 April 18, 2016 at 9:27 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  A scientist and a theist complete a jigsaw together... FebruaryOfReason 10 3161 February 25, 2016 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: J a c k