Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montana Senators To Be Recalled Over NDAA
Montana Senators To Be Recalled Over NDAA
At least some people in the US have some goddamn sense.

The draft language of the Montana petitions, "reason for recall Wrote:"The Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees all U.S citizens:
"a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed..."

The National Defense Authorization Act of 2011 (NDAA 2011) permanently abolishes the Sixth Amendment right to a jury trial, "for the duration of hostilities" in the War on Terror, which was defined by President George W. Bush as "task which does not end" to a joint session of Congress on September 20, 2001.

Those who voted Aye on December 15th, 2011, Bill of Rights Day, for NDAA 2011 have attempted to grant powers which cannot be granted, which violate both the spirit and the letter of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

The Montana Recall Act stipulates that officials including US senators can only be recalled for physical or mental lack of fitness, incompetence, violation of the oath of office, official misconduct, or conviction of a felony offense. We the undersigned call for a recall election to be held for Senator Max S. Baucus [and Senator Jonathan Tester] and charge that he has violated his oath of office, to protect and defend the United States Constitution."
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
RE: Montana Senators To Be Recalled Over NDAA
Be interested to see how it goes. Seems obviously a breech of the Sixth amendment to me,but what would I know? One thing I'm pretty sure of ;some constitutional lawyers are gonna make a LOT of money. Thinking

Quote:The laws is an ass* (from 'Oliver Twist', Charles Dickens)

*here that means the animal,not a rectum,indicating stupid and stubborn.
I'd like to see how this turns out. Maybe someone will make headway for the better.

My pessimism says otherwise though.
I want that provision added to Florida's Constitution.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
The ability to recall senators and congressmen should be a constitutional fucking amendment - a right for all citizens of every state.

I'd also throw in congressional term limits for good measure.
Perhaps also a provision about congressional district gerrymandering.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1596 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  Dem senators unveil expanded public option for health insurance Aegon 19 3715 April 26, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1796 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This Minimalist 14 2174 December 8, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Open letter to my two corporate-whore Senators DeistPaladin 59 27327 December 5, 2012 at 10:51 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Senators Drop Support for SOPA Minimalist 28 7462 January 21, 2012 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The NDAA and Enemy Expatriation Act combined to form... TheDarkestOfAngels 0 828 January 7, 2012 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels