Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another new guy
Another new guy
Hey everyone. I'm obviously new here. I'm a former Christian who lives in the US. I've been agnostic for several years, but recently I've came to the conclusion that I am an atheist.

A little about me...

I'm a black American who was a Christian until the age of 23. I finally read the bible for myself. After reading it, I knew I couldn't be associated with Christianity, but it is hard since most black families are very religious. I looked into Islam, but after starting to read the Quran, I noticed many similarities. I questioned the existence of God for the first time, among many other things. I recently decided to come to terms with being an atheist.

I've wasted many years of my life by believing in the promises of Christianity. I wish I would have taken the initiative to read the bible much sooner, because my new lifestyle and outlook on many different things have made me a much more pleasant person.

Well, I can't wait to join discussions here. Its hard talking to many people that I know about subjects that don't involve god, the bible, Jesus, and other fabricated anecdotes.
RE: Another new guy
Welcome, hope you enjoy your time here.
Welcome, UNoSonnn!

Quote:I've wasted many years of my life by believing in the promises of Christianity
Same here - I am a former Christian. But it's better than remain as a Christian.

(December 30, 2011 at 5:46 am)UNoSonnn Wrote: Hey everyone. I'm obviously new here. I'm a former Christian who lives in the US. I've been agnostic for several years, but recently I've came to the conclusion that I am an atheist.

A little about me...

I'm a black American who was a Christian until the age of 23. I finally read the bible for myself. After reading it, I knew I couldn't be associated with Christianity, but it is hard since most black families are very religious. I looked into Islam, but after starting to read the Quran, I noticed many similarities. I questioned the existence of God for the first time, among many other things. I recently decided to come to terms with being an atheist.

I've wasted many years of my life by believing in the promises of Christianity. I wish I would have taken the initiative to read the bible much sooner, because my new lifestyle and outlook on many different things have made me a much more pleasant person.

Well, I can't wait to join discussions here. Its hard talking to many people that I know about subjects that don't involve god, the bible, Jesus, and other fabricated anecdotes.

Welcome.

You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

Welcome! So glad you're here!

Welcome to the "fold" Tongue
Welcome to Hell!!!!
Yes, welcome to hell. Frying pan or fire?

Seriously, good for you.
(December 30, 2011 at 5:46 am)UNoSonnn Wrote: I've wasted many years of my life by believing in the promises of Christianity.

Don't think of it as wasted, think of it as research.
Was it all a waste? Some former theists seemed to find more success going to church then I ever did in nightclubs where you couldn't hear people talk.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
Welcome OP, amazing how reading that book can make you an atheist isn't it Wink

If more Christians read it, there would be less Christians.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New guy here Roykok 8 1100 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hi, I'm not new but here is another side to me. Whateverist 12 2277 May 2, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  New guy DarkerEnergy 21 2162 January 18, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello, new guy here Casca 13 2120 October 14, 2016 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Another new member..... Noprophets 58 8690 September 18, 2016 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  A new guy SuperSlayer 17 1941 July 2, 2016 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Spirian
  New Guy Here. Hello. The Atheist 27 3158 March 30, 2016 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Another new member Ivershu 15 3435 November 30, 2015 at 7:29 am