Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing
Writing
Wonder if anyone here is intrested in writing? Like writing novel, poems or anything like that?

I have myself written a book for an example. Wonder if someone done something similar here?
RE: Writing
Not me. My creative outlet is 3D modeling, building robots, and a little website building. I'm more a visual person, not a textual one.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(April 28, 2009 at 4:26 am)Giff Wrote: Wonder if anyone here is intrested in writing? Like writing novel, poems or anything like that?

I have myself written a book for an example. Wonder if someone done something similar here?

I have written some stuff (short stories and so on, cooperated in a multi-author crossover project and, of course, I write a lot of short articles for my blogs/websites and so on. At the present moment I am developing a scenario against which I and others can write stories but it's very slow going.

With enough time and motivation I reckon I could write a book but I don't think it could be anything much other than science oriented (certainly not fiction).

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I've wrote two plays years ago, but I'm currently writing a book about atheism/freethinking in my head. Hopefully I'll write it for real over the summer.
(April 28, 2009 at 7:12 am)Tiberius Wrote: I've wrote two plays years ago, but I'm currently writing a book about atheism/freethinking in my head. Hopefully I'll write it for real over the summer.

Sounds cool. I've never written plays and nearly all my work I've ever written is fiction. The book I wrote is fiction, or rather fantasy on the Terry Pratchett side, for an example.

Hope you will write your book about atheism/freethinking. Would be something that wouldbe intresting to read. But such thing is hard to write and at the same time make it intresting to read.
I'm currently writing an Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfiction and I've been constantly getting praise in my reviews. I have over 90 reviews ad constantly get notices of people adding it to their favorites or subscribing to my fic.

I definitely love to write and I want to write my own novel one day. I find the fanfiction as a really great way to practice and hone in on my writing skills.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I used to write poems quite a bit. It's been a while though. Maybe I'll write one soon... Smile
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
(April 28, 2009 at 6:38 pm)WWLD Wrote: I used to write poems quite a bit. It's been a while though. Maybe I'll write one soon... Smile

I think you should, it would be intresting to read
I love poems, I would like to read more, but I just have so much stuff to do hehe.

And science books to finish reading for a start! Like 2 Dawkins books and a Steven Pinker 1.

My Mum has done quite bit of poetry over the years. Including a poem she wrote that is over 14,000 lines wrong. I think she may be thinking of splitting it into 3 or something now, I'm not sure. Like 3 separate books.

I wish I could right poems well. Well actually, I try not to "wish" cos that is weak-minded and gets nowhere. I hope that when enjoying writing I might be able to find some sort of poetic niche for myself one day. I mean how do you get the talent for stuff like that? Maybe you either got it or you don't? I dunno, but I find it hard.

1 start is that poems don't have to rhyme I have heard. But how to write something poetic without rhyming can be tough for me! And on the other hand it's of course possible to rhyme but it not be poetic. I find it hard, but I do appreciate it and love it.

The Emily Dickinson quote in my sig I find to be poetic. Good example of poetry without rhyming; pure class I think, and I'd love to be able to do the same.

I enjoy writing and I apprechiate poetry; but how do you cross the bridge from writing to poetic writing? I find it tough. Not sure how to do it , personally.

Anyway I love a good poem and poetic writings in general.

EvF
I would lie if I said I like poems, and art or books for that matter. I may be a cave man when comes to that. It was a long time ago since I enjoyed reading and I never really enjoyed art or poems for that matter.

I like to write but not read which is quite ironic and when I read, is it often about sport, science or such things. But something in bookform do I keep away from. It's accutally mucht to with that I do other things and dont have the time really to read with a mix of that I don't enhoy reading so much.However it would be still intresting to see what other people write here, despite what it is.

So if someone write poem or story of some sort and I like it, then you know that it's really good Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Valk's is writing for Disney?? no one 3 360 August 27, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  In what ways can I improve my writing mechanics? GODZILLA 7 938 May 12, 2019 at 7:26 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I have decided to stop writing poetry. Brian37 0 286 April 1, 2018 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Brian37
Exclamation Writing Aractus 4 900 March 24, 2016 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Books on writing/language? FallentoReason 5 1427 November 13, 2013 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Rainbow Story writing game Tea Earl Grey Hot 20 3979 December 12, 2012 at 1:33 am
Last Post: Darkstar
  Lyric Writing searchingforanswers 6 1591 October 23, 2011 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: searchingforanswers
  A question about writing/typing. Edwardo Piet 9 2438 February 8, 2010 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc