Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite meals
Favourite meals
One of the problems with being a single parent of two fussy children is coming up with meal ideas everyday.

So, my question is, what is your favourite meal to have in the evening in front of the t.v.?

Or, what are you having tonight?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Favourite meals
(January 23, 2012 at 11:17 am)Darwinian Wrote: One of the problems with being a single parent of two fussy children is coming up with meal ideas everyday.

So, my question is, what is your favourite meal to have in the evening in front of the t.v.?

Liver....fresh with fava beans and a nice Chianti.
(January 23, 2012 at 11:19 am)Phil Wrote:
(January 23, 2012 at 11:17 am)Darwinian Wrote: One of the problems with being a single parent of two fussy children is coming up with meal ideas everyday.

Liver....fresh with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Son says "No! Thank you..."
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I like curries.
Anything that can be eaten in a bowl, as Heather and I have no dining table to speak of and therefore frequently eat in front of the TV. Stews, or as I have right now, shredded barbecue beef and mashed potatoes, which can go in the same bowl. Sandwiches. Anything that can go on a plate or bowl and doesn't require a lot of utensil fiddling.

You might try searching for "foil-wrapped" recipes, which contain everything inside a wrapper and end up quite flavorful.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Curry is always a win.

Steak is also a fantastic choice... well, anything with meat = success.

Come the 25th, I shall be sitting down to some nice haggis, neeps and tatties for Burns night.
Cunt
Fried Liver (like fried chicken) with leeks and a sherry based sauce.

Have it every few weeks or so.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I don't like to eat food that someone has taken a leek in.

There's so many different kinds of food I like that I can't even come up with a favorite.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
anything Tex/Mex.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
My kids like chili dogs, tuna casserole (i have a great recipe if you're interested), tacos, fish sandwiches, white beans and cornbread, BBQ chicken, meatloaf, and if they don't like what i made them, they're welcome to make their own PB&J sandwich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you have a favourite raptor? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 945 July 31, 2020 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Do you have a favourite rodent? BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1766 July 26, 2020 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gnomey
  What's your favourite songs with sax in it? Little lunch 32 2782 June 20, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What's your favourite SUBWAY®? ignoramus 33 6570 April 18, 2018 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Antares
  My favourite comedians smashing SJW journalists. paulpablo 0 541 June 18, 2017 at 5:18 am
Last Post: paulpablo
Star Your favourite Atheist Celebrities Quotes! Zaphod Beeblebrox 20 5661 September 20, 2016 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Your favourite TV show is racist challenge. paulpablo 66 9891 September 15, 2016 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Index of great threads and my favourite discussions robvalue 17 7472 December 2, 2015 at 11:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Top 5 favourite rivals? ignoramus 31 5285 November 16, 2015 at 1:56 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Favourite type of pet ForumMember77 47 4662 October 29, 2014 at 6:52 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut