Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
beneficial mutation of human being?
The boy named Nong Youhui naturally born with unusual characteristics of eye color, but it's not only interesting thing about these eyes. He has ability to see in pitch darkness in which human absolutely can't see.
Source: http://www.odditycentral.com/news/chines...-dark.html

The video of Nong Youhui:

Pictures of Nong Youhui:

Although the silly claims of starchild, alien hyrid and baseless claims the websites may hold, but more importantly - Is this beneficial mutation of human evolution or not?
RE: beneficial mutation of human being?
I can't see how it is anything but a beneficial mutation.
It's awesome, especially if you're with a chick who likes the lights turned off.
(January 27, 2012 at 5:36 am)Tiberius Wrote: I can't see how it is anything but a beneficial mutation.

I'm unsure if the news are reliable or not. But if it is confirmed to be true, then this is, perhaps, the living evidence of human beneficial mutation? I think I'll research the sources if it's unreliable or not.
Another source: http://disturbingnews.wordpress.com/tag/nong-youhui/
Nong Youhui was born with supposedly rare condition that gives temporary ability to see in the dark. But I can't find the references to the Doctor's medical details of Nong Youhui.

I can't confirm if it's true or fake.. Undecided The theory of evolution predicted the beneficial mutation of species, But... Hmm. I think I'll drop it as a plausible till confirmation.
Lots of people have beneficial mutations. Not sure why you think this is a special case.
It would be awesome for people who spend a lot of time indoors like us lazy americans! Big Grin Has anyone submitted this to stan lee's superhumans?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
How much UV light reaches the blue eyed countries of Scandinavia?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Cool-looking eyes. I'll be interested in hearing confirmation of his ability.
I would say, in principle, any story about any eyes that can "read perfectly" in "total darkness" is total bullshit.

Writting is a thing calculated to use light to function.

(January 27, 2012 at 5:36 am)Tiberius Wrote: I can't see how it is anything but a beneficial mutation.

Yes, the acid test will be if the mutation gives him an enhanced ability to pass on his genes. In China, with the one-child policy though, that seems to be an evolutionary dead end.

Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woman cured of disease by DNA mutation downbeatplumb 9 2147 February 9, 2015 at 3:43 am
Last Post: Lucanus