Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Dawkins claims we should eat lab-grown human meat
Richard Dawkins claims we should eat lab-grown human meat
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...-meat.html

He says it will help us overcome the taboo against cannibalism.

This was his actual tweet: https://mobile.twitter.com/richarddawkin...05?lang=en
RE: Richard Dawkins claims we should eat lab-grown human meat
Why do we need to overcome the taboo of cannibalism?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(March 16, 2018 at 10:49 pm)Losty Wrote: Why do we need to overcome the taboo of cannibalism?

So that we can eat dead people? Just a wild guess...
Well, we need something to go with our fava beans and chianti.
(March 16, 2018 at 10:52 pm)Alexmahone Wrote:
(March 16, 2018 at 10:49 pm)Losty Wrote: Why do we need to overcome the taboo of cannibalism?

So that we can eat dead people? Just a wild guess...

I personally would rather keep the taboo and...you know, not eat dead people.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Yay Dawkins says something stupid . And the sky is blue
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I'm not sure why he thinks we should try it other than "could be an 'interesting test case' for 'consequentialist morality versus "yuck reaction" absolutism.' "

Linky

Stop playing with our emotions Richard. No one wants to eat human meat.

Curiosity, maybe. He certainly looks interested in the prospect of testing consequentialism and absolutism with it. Of course, it turns out there's not much to question about how human meat tastes. Explorer William Seabrook once met with an African cannibal tribe. They did not let him take part in a ritual, but he eventually decided to take some human flesh (a rump steak, spit-roasted) from a hospital and eat it. Here's what he said:

William Seabrook Wrote:It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have. The steak was slightly tougher than prime veal, a little stringy, but not too tough or stringy to be agreeably edible. The roast, from which I cut and ate a central slice, was tender, and in color, texture, smell as well as taste, strengthened my certainty that of all the meats we habitually know, veal is the one meat to which this meat is accurately comparable.

So, just get some veal, pretend it's human, and maybe give the part you're about to eat the name of someone you hate.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I am rather curious about lab-grown meat, but not human. But tis emerging technology (if it can be called that) could lead to flavors that don't even exist in the culinary world now. Outdo the perfect filet mignon (whatever that would even be). Etc.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(March 16, 2018 at 11:11 pm)c172 Wrote: I am rather curious about lab-grown meat, but not human. But tis emerging technology (if it can be called that) could lead to flavors that don't even exist in the culinary world now. Outdo the perfect filet mignon (whatever that would even be). Etc.

Maybe I will FINALLY get to taste unicorn steak.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is it healthier to eat no meat? Quill01 129 8876 June 18, 2023 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: no one
  Creationists! Eat Your Broccoli ! chimp3 22 2748 October 17, 2019 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Cod
  Vision and Evolution (A Critique of Dawkins) John 6IX Breezy 680 66056 August 26, 2019 at 9:00 am
Last Post: polymath257
  So my cat wants to eat me? Whaaaa? Brian37 29 2112 January 22, 2019 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Phoque
  Cloned monkeys: First primate clones are created in lab shadow 2 518 January 25, 2018 at 5:56 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Synthetic meat Excited Penguin 141 17688 February 28, 2016 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Refuting Creationist Claims Part II: Flood-Related Beliefs RonaldReagansGhost666 7 3690 February 26, 2013 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Refuting Creationist Claims - Part 1: Noah's Ark RonaldReagansGhost666 23 10849 February 13, 2013 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Richard Dawkins: Who was the first human? Cyberman 0 1010 October 23, 2011 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Human tissues grown from stem cells. theVOID 6 2692 December 19, 2010 at 3:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris