Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recently Banned
Recently Banned
I’ve been joing a few atheist forums recently to try to find like minded people to discuss current events and our response to them. I see every forums as an opportunity to share, learn and grow with others. I recently joined Atheistforums.com As I posted here in my introductions I posted there, I am a member of the National Atheist Party. I was met with not just resistance but what I would call hate and bullying b/c of my affiliation with that organization. I posted 2 things on the N.A.P. and everyone was shot down and I was harrassed with explitives about them. I was merely posting to keep ppl updated with campaigns and current events that I found interesting. I commented and shared on other posts as well, trying to learn from others and what they shared. It all culminated with them calling me an uneducated idiot b/c I was part of the N.A.P. and banning me. I never expected that result and was hurt and offended. I backed up all my posts with sources and evidence and was always polite dispite the fact that they were so rude to me and I got banned none the less
I know not all atheists will agree with me or the NAP, that is why we are individuals but I had hoped Atheists would be open minded and not try to crush something they dont believe in. Has anyone else had this happen to them? SO far I have been pretty happy with this forum, the topics we discuss and the people that discuss it but apparently not all forums are so open minded

RE: Recently Banned
So you have found out our little secret then condon?? We are THE BEST ATHEIST FORUM ON THE WEB!!

We won't take preaching but do like to keep up to date on events. You may have also noted the global nature of our membership and as such US political parties have little interest to some of us.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
there is a National Atheist Party? Where do I sign up? Lol And you know we are expert at crushing things we don't believe in lol.
Well, you won't get banned here unless you break the rules. I urge your to to read them.

My position is that atheism is not an ideology or world view. A political party with the word 'atheist' in the name seems to be a contradiction in terms. I'd be mildly interested if you would give us a summary of the mission statement and platform of the party.

"As an atheist" I have no opinion on any matter apart from the existence of god(s). As a skeptic,realist,egoist,cynic, misanthrope etc etc. I have visceral distrust of ideologies and true believers of all kinds.Consequently, I vote against the bigger shower of incompetents on offer, fully aware that the difference is marginal at best.Cool Shades
You were banned from the .com site for creating a sock puppet in order to provide a little extra support for your position. Support that wasn’t forthcoming from many of the members of your target audience. That is explicitly against that forum’s rules. Maybe you should have read them before you blatantly broke them and got your ass banned.

Yes you met resistance from some of the members of that forum to the very idea of your organization. Some of them were assholes about it. Some of those very same people post on this forum. If you had lurked for a little while you might have noticed that one of the prevailing thoughts on .com is that only universal position of atheists is that they don’t believe in god. That site is populated by liberals, conservatives, libertarians, authoritarians and centrists. Some of them told you that they thought secular would be a better label for a political movement, but you insisted that your organization represented a majority view. Maybe of the members of your organization it does. Maybe it even represents a majority view of the members of .com. It certainly wasn’t the position of the small group of people you were arguing with. Perhaps you should have figured that out too.

(January 29, 2012 at 11:57 pm)padraic Wrote: My position is that atheism is not an ideology or world view. A political party with the word 'atheist' in the name seems to be a contradiction in terms.

Which was the main point of contention on the .com site.

Quote:Well, you won't get banned here unless you break the rules.

Which is why the OP was banned there.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
so this National Atheist Party is actually serious? What is it really about? O___o
Thanks pappy for clearing that up.

I only have time for this forum, and as such am not aware as some of you.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Seriously? No one has figured out that National *insert anything here* Party is not the most inviting name for anything?
(January 30, 2012 at 12:22 am)Shell B Wrote: Seriously? No one has figured out that National *insert anything here* Party is not the most inviting name for anything?

Oh I say, what a subtle use of Godwin's law. well done. Big Grin
(January 30, 2012 at 12:22 am)Shell B Wrote: Seriously? No one has figured out that National *insert anything here* Party is not the most inviting name for anything?
So it's not just me? I thought I was just being paranoid when I thought that any National X Party sounded kinda scary.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  greek atheist pm banned shadowchrist 10 2523 September 1, 2015 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Atheists and Feminists at Yale also tried to get Ayaan Hirsi Ali banned from speaking TheMessiah 18 3239 March 31, 2015 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Banned at another atheist forum John V 195 31407 April 3, 2014 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Terrified of something that happened to me recently.. Protheism777 45 14930 August 25, 2013 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Recently started writing... Chris.Roth 10 3682 May 2, 2012 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Chris.Roth
  Youtube has banned the James Randi Educational Foundation Eilonnwy 1 1727 March 30, 2009 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Demonaura