Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recently started writing...
Recently started writing...
Hey guys,

I joined this site a few days ago to try and figure out the best way to go about my writing. After some research and discussion, I decided to start writing in a blog regarding atheism and my particular arguments against theism. (Deism isn't really argued against here.) Shell B. suggested I make this thread to get some input from the community on some of my writing. It's still a new blog, so there's only an intro and one post besides that, but it's a start!
http://thereligiousfallacy.wordpress.com/

Chris Roth
RE: Recently started writing...
Blogs are a lot of work. They are nice to use to get your thoughts out there, but you gotta add a lot of content in order for anyone to see it. Most blogs just get abandoned and forgotten. People don't realize the amount of content needed.

There are so many starting new sites now. I've had a forum for 3 years, and people still go there to chat about their new sites. I think to myself, hmmmm why couldn't you just post in the forum or on the already existing blog. Nope, they have to have their own sites rather than waste their time adding content to mine.
If you have a blog, I'd gladly comment on your posts. The main reason I started mine was to archive some of my writing and get it out there. So basically, I think it's just a format for me to save my work on one webpage, accessible with a simple link. What site is your blog at? (or forum, either way)

Furthermore, I'd gladly copy/paste any essay I write into any forum. However, I thought that it would be unwelcome amongst the community.

Good start. I recommend getting a nice banner instead of the stock.
Yes, I agree about the banner, but I like the simple design. My blogs tend to be like that as well. And, yes, content is very important. Update as frequently as possible.
Yes, if it's for your own then no need to worry about traffic. Sometimes it's nice just to get things out there and off your chest.

No, I can't really debate religion much on my forum. I think it's a taboo subject there and really would freak them out more than anything. They don't seem to respond well to politics either.
Your advice has been wonderful. Without paying money, how would I find a better banner? I'm so new to this, and it's sad since I'm actually usually really good with computers, haha. With this I'm like "HOW THE FUCK TO I POST THIS???" lol

Hmmm. I don't know if I can help you find a better banner. I typically go with plain text, keeping it simple. Some of our techies might be able to help.
I'm not totally concerned with my banner. If it helps make it less harsh on the eyes, I'm down. Otherwise, fuck it.

You have to go into your web file system, select the themes folder, select the theme you are using, then find the picture which is your banner and upload/replace it with a new banner with the same name. There could be multiple files that are the same picture and you have to replace them all to make sure.

Under the theme editor you can find the header file I think you can edit the words shown. I haven't used it in a while myself so I'm not entirely sure on the specifics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the atheist delusion(who started it or that notion?) Quill01 2 566 July 25, 2022 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Dawkins writing kid's version of "The God Delusion" - you mad bro? Foxaèr 35 5694 August 2, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Back to where i started Sludgeman101 13 4579 May 28, 2014 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: ThePinsir
  Terrified of something that happened to me recently.. Protheism777 45 14937 August 25, 2013 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Recently Banned m.condon 38 11146 February 3, 2012 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  A general topic on "what started it all..." Dharan 45 24211 August 3, 2009 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Ryft
  I started my own atheist website... mosler 13 5671 June 6, 2009 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: g-mark
  writing on the wall WWLD 25 6901 April 16, 2009 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Giff