Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:22 am

Poll: Does Romney all but have the nomination
This poll is closed.
Yes, the others need to pack it in
57.14%
4 57.14%
No, it's too soon to call
42.86%
3 42.86%
No, one of these days Gingrich is going to knock him straight to the moon!
0%
0 0%
Ron Paul is going to pull an upset! He's going to win I tells ya!
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fat Lady Singing?
Fat Lady Singing?
With a decisive Romney win in Florida, is it all over for Gingrich or any other rival of his?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Fat Lady Singing?
Nah, there are more stupid states coming up. Santorum should give it up. Paul is little more than a joke.
I think it'll be between Gingrich and Romney for sure, with the mormon winning in a landslide then most likely losing to Obama. Meh.

Never voting again until we get another JFK, hell, even another Bill Clinton wouldn't suck, it's just the waiting that kills me. A president that actually fights for Democratic policies.
Yeah I don't think that Gingrich will be able to get the nomination over Romney. I think most Republicans can see that in the general election, there will be too many questions about his marriages & unfaithfulness, not to mention his ethics violations in Congress. That, and from what I understand that Gingrich won't compromise even with his fellow Republicans.

Santorum, thankfully, has no chance, though it would be nice to see him win the nomination and guarantee an Obama victory.

Ron Paul is a joke, though his supporters are extremely fanatical about supporting him. But he has no chance. He's crazy, but not crazy in the right way to get the Republican nomination. You have to be fanatical Christian crazy, not conspiracy theory crazy.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(February 1, 2012 at 2:18 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Yeah I don't think that Gingrich will be able to get the nomination over Romney. I think most Republicans can see that in the general election, there will be too many questions about his marriages & unfaithfulness, not to mention his ethics violations in Congress. That, and from what I understand that Gingrich won't compromise even with his fellow Republicans.

Santorum, thankfully, has no chance, though it would be nice to see him win the nomination and guarantee an Obama victory.

Ron Paul is a joke, though his supporters are extremely fanatical about supporting him. But he has no chance. He's crazy, but not crazy in the right way to get the Republican nomination. You have to be fanatical Christian crazy, not conspiracy theory crazy.

What is conspiracy theory crazy?

Ron Paul is a joke? First he is a REAL Doctor. What are the other people? Lawyers and businessmen. Wtf is a businessman anyways? Someone who can fuck the most people for the most profit?

Gingrich is a joke, Moon bases. Romney is a joke, Mormon, and a richy rich guy that does not understand real life.

But media and money are behind Romney, he will get the nomination. That is who they chose, "they" not the people.
(February 1, 2012 at 2:10 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: With a decisive Romney win in Florida, is it all over for Gingrich or any other rival of his?

romey has spent more corporate money in Florida than the McCain campaign spent in its entirety.

the new rules remove all caps from campaign donations. Now companies can openly buy off politicians, instead of pretending to hide it.

I used to think that Obama had a done deal...but Romney IS of the corny capitalists. He is one of them, and apparently all of his top 1% friends are going out of their way to get him elected.

His goal, to halve the existing returns tax on stocks.

A typical american pays roughly 30%+ on taxes.

People like Romney who main dividens and gains pay 15%

romney is trying to drop his taxes to 7%.

Romney doesnt give a shit about anyone but romney. The amount of media bought and paid for by the 1% makes me wonder if Romney actually has a chance to win this election. If so, then prepare to watch Americ get much worse in the next 4 years.
I'm not voting until we get a horn-dog president. Or teddy. Whichever comes first.

And by that, I mean they have to openly admit to having sex with tons of people (still), occasionally getting high (still), and to find their job funny.

Until that: no votes from me.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(February 1, 2012 at 3:13 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(February 1, 2012 at 2:10 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: With a decisive Romney win in Florida, is it all over for Gingrich or any other rival of his?

romey has spent more corporate money in Florida than the McCain campaign spent in its entirety.

the new rules remove all caps from campaign donations. Now companies can openly buy off politicians, instead of pretending to hide it.

I used to think that Obama had a done deal...but Romney IS of the corny capitalists. He is one of them, and apparently all of his top 1% friends are going out of their way to get him elected.

His goal, to halve the existing returns tax on stocks.

A typical american pays roughly 30%+ on taxes.

People like Romney who main dividens and gains pay 15%

romney is trying to drop his taxes to 7%.

Romney doesnt give a shit about anyone but romney. The amount of media bought and paid for by the 1% makes me wonder if Romney actually has a chance to win this election. If so, then prepare to watch Americ get much worse in the next 4 years.

Restore Our Future, Romney's campaign and other Romney allies combined spent $15.3 million to air 12,768 ads in Florida....

"They" have chosen him for sure. Media machine at work. Just turn the damn TV and radio off and we can decide for ourselves.

Citizens United case is going to destroy this country.
Spending 15 million dollars to win a primary is Florida... thats just shows how fucked the system is and how fucked it is that money can dictate positive media image or negative media image, matters how much cash you have.
(February 1, 2012 at 3:45 pm)Vaeolet Lilly Blossom Wrote: I'm not voting until we get a horn-dog president. Or teddy. Whichever comes first.

And by that, I mean they have to openly admit to having sex with tons of people (still), occasionally getting high (still), and to find their job funny.

Until that: no votes from me.

I was thinking of running for Congress in Alaska against Don Young and using that as my platform.

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
90% of Romneys ads in florida are negative attack ads.

The top 1% spending 15 million to attack people...

...and they say WE are the ones waging class war.
I mean Paul's chances of winning the nomination are a joke. He's way down there with Santorum.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lady Gaga, Wow! AFTT47 20 951 January 21, 2021 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What is that fat Orange fuck hiding ? GODZILLA 35 2793 February 18, 2019 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Watch out for this lady. Brian37 39 5101 June 30, 2018 at 9:42 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Mila Kunis Gets A Big Fat Bucket Of Cool Points BrianSoddingBoru4 0 482 November 3, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Melania Trump, no first lady Foxaèr 19 2777 February 2, 2017 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Who is the better first lady? Michelle Obama or Melania Trump ErGingerbreadMandude 62 8604 January 24, 2017 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Fat Ass proposes genocide BrokenQuill92 16 1966 July 20, 2015 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  The lady who drove a Mercedes to pick up food vouchers. Heywood 45 10779 July 23, 2014 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The singing nun Manowar 2 2988 March 26, 2014 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Suck a fat one Gadaffi! Ubermensch 35 10385 March 20, 2011 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Violet