Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You will know them by their love
You will know them by their love
http://onemansblog.com/2011/08/06/christ...book-page/

Quote:I thinly we should hang the leader of that (atheist) group on the cross with nails through their hands and feet, place a crown of thorns upon their head, RAM a spear through their side all after being whipped and beaten publicly! Just so they can endure what Christ dod so they understand the sacrifice behind what that cross symbolizes.
RE: You will know them by their love
This has been circulating for some time.

The thing that baffles me the most is why Christians are so proud that their leader was so cruelly tormented.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
They have to be proud: Otherwise, they'd have to admit he got his ass kicked royally. By playing the S&M spectrum, they can turn him into a hero for masochists everywhere. The funny thing is, they tend to be a bunch of sadists when they congregate.
Trying to update my sig ...
What about the variety of cruel torture devices Xtians used on the ones that didn't conform to their religion? Taking into account the variety of torture devices that were used in many times, Id think people have suffered way more than jeebus.
I find that monotheists are generally more concerned with defacing the human body and obsessed with all of its lurid perversions rather than truly treating it like the temple they say pagans and heathens DON'T value it as.

Yes, let's mortify our flesh and remind ourselves that we are but mortal, rather than exalting in it and reveling in the short life of physical sensation and earthly pleasures we have.

"I sing the Body electric..." - Walt Whitman
I just hate the way it is assumed us athiests don't have a clue. As if our lack of belief in a god(s) makes us ignorant to what is going on in the world. In actuality its the other way round!
The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true - Carl Sagan
A stone age insurrectionist got executed via common method of the time. That's pretty much all that can be said about the historical Jesus.
[Image: sig3-2.jpg]
(February 6, 2012 at 1:15 pm)RW_9 Wrote: A stone age insurrectionist got executed via common method of the time. That's pretty much all that can be said about the historical Jesus.

Actually that would be "Iron age insurrectionist", but otherwise most agreeable.
Or was it bronze age?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
2000 years ago an unwashed, hippie looking schmuck got executed according to the practices of the prevailing empire at the time. They didn't find him as holier-than-thou as his mother did...a common problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 999 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58390 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1749 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 877 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10217 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pennsylvania Church asks couples to bring in their AR-15's so they can bless the guns Cecelia 63 9865 March 17, 2018 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27232 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Two More Xhristard Assholes Killed Their Kid Minimalist 17 4509 June 25, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  I'm Tired of Xtian Shits With Their Silly Fairy Tales. Minimalist 2 1076 March 9, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How You Know This Shit Was Written By Men! Minimalist 48 11053 January 4, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus