Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pennsylvania Church asks couples to bring in their AR-15's so they can bless the guns
Pennsylvania Church asks couples to bring in their AR-15's so they can bless the guns
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...church-for

Can you really say you're taking your own religion seriously when you decide to do something like this?  I mean blessing an inanimate object?  Seems like something you might do with a child and their security blanket, but not for an adult.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: Pennsylvania Church asks couples to bring in their AR-15's so they can bless the guns
God is for adults as Santa is for kids, so it makes a certain kind of sense that religious adults would behave so stupidly.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Pennsylvania Church asks couples to bring in their AR-15's so they can bless the guns
(February 22, 2018 at 9:55 pm)Cecelia Wrote: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...church-for

Can you really say you're taking your own religion seriously when you decide to do something like this?  I mean blessing an inanimate object?  Seems like something you might do with a child and their security blanket, but not for an adult.

Catholics bless inanimate objects all of the time. The blessing of Christmas trees and bacon certainly seems strange to me. 

http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/blessings.htm
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I can understand bacon.
That's because bacon is Meat Candy.

Shit. Even I'd have to bless that.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Not quite as demented as 3rd graders raffling off an AR-15 to raise money for baseball team:

https://www.snopes.com/are-third-graders...-shooting/
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

"The blessing of the Fleet" is a pretty common thing around boats. A lot of marinas and clubs have such an event every year at the beginning of the season. There is also a more pagan ceremony and blessing that goes along with renaming a boat. That one usually involves a bit of alcohol as well. Of course sailors are well known as a superstitious bunch, particularly those who wonder pretty far offshore. There is nothing that will make you feel small and insignificant like standing watch in the wee hours of the morning at the helm of a small sailboat. I have been living on a 42 foot boat for the past 5 years, wondering around the US east coast and the Bahama Islands. I have no god belief, but the ocean doesn't need any divine powers to smack you silly. Regular old wind and waves will get the job done nicely, thank you.

I have to add that the blessings are aimed mored at the people on the boats than the boats themselves. After all, if the boat does its job and stays above the water the people will probably live. Unlike a gun where, when it does its job, people usually die.
(February 22, 2018 at 9:55 pm)Cecelia Wrote: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...church-for

They're security blankets for big, insecure, kids.
Dying to live, living to die.
God is disappointed in this action, yes He knew it was coming but that doesn't mean He can't be disappointed. I've made a stand against guns in church, I will not attend a church where they allow members to carry within the church building. I have my reasons but I'm sure they couldn't interest people who do not believe in God. So I'll just say that I see it as totally wrong.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Did he tell you that, G-C?  Hearing voices again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 998 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58387 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1210 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Jesus for guns Foxaèr 4 575 August 31, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1749 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 877 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27226 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Two More Xhristard Assholes Killed Their Kid Minimalist 17 4497 June 25, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Apollo Presbyterian Church, Apollo Pennsylvania vorlon13 10 3164 June 25, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4142 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13