Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balance the Scale with Church Tax Reform
Balance the Scale with Church Tax Reform
In the US churches are granted 501c3 tax-exempt status. Unlike other tax exemptions granted to other non-profit organizations, such as the ACLU, there is no enforced system of checks and balances to ensure they are not abusing this priviledge. There should be no organization that is above questioning or regulation and yet the churches seem to think they are owed this special treatment.
Balance the Scales with Church Tax Reform
This is an article I recently wrote which highlights not only how and why they were granted this status but also highlights the many ways that this unregulated system is abused. It is definitly worth checking out. I think it is high time we demand transparency from the Churches and enforce the laws that are already in place. The tax exempt status of the churches needs to be investigates and reformed
RE: Balance the Scale with Church Tax Reform
I know on a very few occasions some churches have had their tax-exempt status revoked for having preachers who told their congregation to vote for. I'm guessing that this would only be the tip of the iceberg and suspect that many more churches tend to preach politics as well as religion, but just don't get caught.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Balance the Scale with Church Tax Reform
Don't expect much from the IRS. I spent 33 years there and there are only a relative handful of agents assigned to Tax Exempt organizations and most of what they check are large charitable trusts.

You would almost have to file an actual complaint citing some instance in which an exempt organization violated its terms by some improper political activity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 854 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 825 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Warren's Wealth Tax Yonadav 5 933 January 25, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  US - raise the gas tax onlinebiker 55 3278 November 30, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Unbelievable! Paul Ryan praises $1.50/week tax cut! Jehanne 14 2630 February 6, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AP says 90% of Workers get Tax Cut Neo-Scholastic 64 5317 February 4, 2018 at 12:13 am
  How Bad Is The Senate Tax Bill? Minimalist 41 6214 December 12, 2017 at 5:14 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The GOP's turd of a tax bill Jackalope 34 4193 November 14, 2017 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Senate Republicunt Assholes Prepare Their Own Tax Plan Minimalist 7 1318 November 9, 2017 at 8:12 am
  Ann Coulter Reminds the WLB That His Racist Fans Don't Care About Tax Cuts Minimalist 29 6741 September 1, 2017 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: dyresand