Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP says 90% of Workers get Tax Cut
AP says 90% of Workers get Tax Cut
Not surprisingly the End-of-the-World, predicted by congressional Democrats has been shown to be yet another lie. I learned a long time ago that when the Democrats talk about taxing the rich it's apparent that they think 90% of American workers are "rich"

AP ARTICLE

Trump is winning. The American people are winning. Democrats are whining.
RE: AP says 90% of Workers get Tax Cut
So?

The RATIO that the top gets, negates the crumbs the rest of the bottom two classes get. THAT is the SCAM Reagan started and the GOP has sold ever since.
(February 2, 2018 at 2:01 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Not surprisingly the End-of-the-World, predicted by congressional Democrats has been shown to be yet another lie. I learned a long time ago that when the Democrats talk about taxing the rich it's apparent that they think 90% of American workers are "rich"

AP ARTICLE

The Dems are now basically a main course of immigration with a side dish of transgender.

(February 2, 2018 at 2:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote: So?

The RATIO that the top gets, negates the crumbs the rest of the bottom two classes get. THAT is the SCAM Reagan started and the GOP has sold ever since.

What difference does income inequality make?

I got a 5% raise this year. My billing rate was increased 7%, so the gap between me and my boss widened. Why should that bother me?

What exactly do you think the people at the top do with that money? Horde it in a vault like Scrouge McDuck? They invest it in businesses and ventures that provide jobs and build the wealth of nations. Have you ever job from a poor man?
(February 2, 2018 at 2:01 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Not surprisingly the End-of-the-World, predicted by congressional Democrats has been shown to be yet another lie. I learned a long time ago that when the Democrats talk about taxing the rich it's apparent that they think 90% of American workers are "rich"

AP ARTICLE

Glad you are so impressed with chump change, asshole.  How will you feel when "your" tax cuts expire but the corporate scumbags' cuts don't.  Oh, right, you won't care because you got $5 in your pocket.

You represent everything that is wrong with this fucking country, Chad.  Go read your fucking bible and pretend that everything is wonderful.
(February 2, 2018 at 2:21 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: What exactly do you think the people at the top do with that money? Horde it in a vault like Scrouge McDuck?
Yeah...actually, so long as the vault is an offshore tax haven.

Quote:They invest it in businesses and ventures that provide jobs and build the wealth of nations. Have you ever job from a poor man?

Interesting, because no data has ever been found to suggest that this is what happens when wealth is redistributed to the top..in each and every case the results are precisely the opposite.  You're talking as if this hasn't already been tried, or as if the results weren't a matter of public knowledge.  I get that you think that maybe it;ll work this time.....but even the congresscritters know that's not true, and cynically continue to push the narrative in plain sight and on record.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Y'all really need to demand more from your government.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
They tell us to pound sand and then deploy the howler monkey brigade.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 2, 2018 at 2:35 pm)Aegon Wrote: Y'all really need to demand more from your government.

No, we'd be better off with less from our government. Which is another thing Trump is accomplishing through his hiring freeze.
(February 2, 2018 at 2:21 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:

What exactly do you think the people at the top do with that money? Horde it in a vault like Scrouge McDuck? They invest it in businesses and ventures that provide jobs and build the wealth of nations. Have you ever job from a poor man?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/us-firms...-says.html

"We really don't know what the impacts are going to be, but it appears right now what companies are going to do is provide bigger dividends, they're going to do stock buybacks, make more acquisitions, and I think the amount of cash in the U.S. will probably inflate the economy a bit," Rubenstein told guests at Davos during a panel entitled "The Next Financial Crisis" on Tuesday.

------------------------

Buybacks happen when firms buy their own shares trading on the stock exchange, reducing the portion of shares in the hands of investors. They offer a way to return cash to shareholders — along with dividends — and usually coincide with a company's stock pushing higher as shares get scarcer.

----------------------------------

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/19/tax-...epublican/

It really all depends on if it happens and when it happens and how we would spend it. Cash is fungible. Right now, we’re thinking it might not happen until 2019, so obviously we are using internally generated cash in 2018 to invest in the business and return capital to our shareholders. If it were to happen in 2019, we might use the tax — cash tax savings to invest in the business and then use — generated cash to back buy [sic] shares, it’s all fungible. The point is, we’re going to generate a lot, we may get some from tax reform and we will use it. We will invest back in the business, and we will return it our [sic] shareholders.

---------------------------------------

By “return it to our shareholders,” she is referring to a buyback, which drives up the price of a stock and can come with dividends as well. Typically, executives hold much of their wealth in company stock, and their compensation is tied to the performance of the shares.
-------------------------------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 335 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 850 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 818 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Warren's Wealth Tax Yonadav 5 932 January 25, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  US - raise the gas tax onlinebiker 55 3266 November 30, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Billions for Billionaires and Zero for Workers Minimalist 19 852 September 6, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2293 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Unbelievable! Paul Ryan praises $1.50/week tax cut! Jehanne 14 2596 February 6, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Senator Feinstein Says "Fuck The GOP." Minimalist 10 2148 January 11, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  How Bad Is The Senate Tax Bill? Minimalist 41 6196 December 12, 2017 at 5:14 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb