Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 2:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP and lunch breaks
GOP and lunch breaks
They do the usual. They look at a system that has benefitted from a law, and then decide that since it is working, then why do we need the law?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HktUeqNm...ature=plcp

Why do we need lunch laws? Its obvious that employers would not take lunch from peple, so then why do we need the law?
RE: GOP and lunch breaks
Did they just pull out the honeybadger!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'd like to say this surprises me, but Republicans have ceased being able to do that with the level of batshittery they have obtained.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I honestly cannot figure out how the republican party became what it is considering from whence it came (Opposing the Kansas-Nebraska Act, a measure that would allow for slavery, for our foreign friends who may be unaware)......nope, nvm, just googled it....

"The Republican Party was based on northern white Protestants, businessmen, professionals, factory workers, wealthier farmers, and blacks. It was pro-business, supporting banks, the gold standard, railroads, and high tariffs to protect heavy industry and the industrial workers."

I see, so all they did was drop the professionals, factory workers, blacks, and high tariffs to protect heavy industry and the industrial workers. I wonder why they did this?

"The GOP relied increasingly on its new base in the white South after 1968, especially because of its new strength among evangelical Protestants."

Suddenly I am left without a mystery to contemplate. Sigh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_...ican_Party
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
My parents were classic examples of middle class republican voters in the 1960's. Their reason for being republicans?

"The democrats are all for the niggers."

We lived in a suburban town in NY which was as lily-white as you could get but this was what they worried about.
Historical context Min, your parents were probably pretty standard bigoted Americans, my how times change......
Not as much as you might think, apparently.
Lunch breaks? Really! An elected official could think of nothing more important to do? What are the odds that he will be re-elected?Undecided
Well conducted introspection dispels the dreams and delirium on wich gods feed.
Atheism is not therapy but restored mental health.
-Michel Onfray-
Well, I say this is a great law. Let's do it, and immediately get rid of the cafeterias on capitol hill, no lunch breaks, back to work. (We are their employers, are we not?)
If the republicunts get their way no one will be able to afford lunch anyhow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2125 136089 2 hours ago
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 47 3101 April 30, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1045 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 10110 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1493 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1670 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1131 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2546 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  GOP Jesus Minimalist 1 568 November 13, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America GODZILLA 25 3140 July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist