Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeping Patterns
Sleeping Patterns
So my job has a flexible hours policy; effectively if you work however many hours a week you are supposed to, they don't care (to a degree) when you come in and when you leave. As such, some people don't come in until after 11am, and will be working until 8pm. I, on the other hand, get into work at 8am, and I leave work at 4:30pm. This involves waking up at 6am, and leaving the house at around 7:30am so I can catch the bus. I usually go to bed at around midnight, but I am able to be fully functional (albeit with the help of coffee) if I go to bed as late as 2am. On average, I probably get around 5 hours of actual sleep a night. At the weekends, I get slightly more, but not much more (this morning I went to bed at 2am and woke up at 9am).

Anyway, I wasn't always like this; it's taken me several months to get into a routine where I wake up and don't just fall back to sleep, or lay around doing nothing. I do enjoy being awake and active for more hours in the day though, as I feel I'm not wasting time.

What are your sleeping patterns like?
RE: Sleeping Patterns
When i was working, 07.30-17.30, 7 days a week, then gym, i'd be tucked up by 21.30-22.30 and up by 0530. So i'd get 8-9hrs, but in honesty, some days i'd get 5 hrs. Physical jobs too, so i was physically fucked every day. I get about 8-9hrs sleep per day now.
Sleeping Patterns
Mine are all over the shop floor. And I never get a straight 8 hours .... It's all Zen's fault! Smile
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 25, 2012 at 8:11 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Mine are all over the shop floor. And I never get a straight 8 hours .... It's all Zen's fault! Smile

And then I'll wake up to you lying sideways with your legs across my chest.

Just like a cat.Tiger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
By 7 on the weekends (like today) I'm usually awake and moving in some way. On the weekdays, 6:30 at the VERY latest. But that makes me want to zonk out at 10pm usually.

(Btw, it was 3:50am here when you messaged me, Tib. Dodgy )

I'm a very light sleeper though, so it usually takes a proper 6-8 hours (preferably 8) for me to feel 100% without the aid of my drug caffeine whose molecule I will tattoo onto my skin as my savior and the only god I worship.

Generally I wake up every 1-2 hours, and I'm told unless someone is cuddling me I toss and turn. I have a lot of nightmares and vivid dreams too.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
What pattern?

Im always up on Mon, tues, weds and thurs at 7:30 but going to sleep is another story.. Anywhere between 12-5am or sometimes not at all. I once couldnt sleep for 3 days and ended up having a conversation with the peson on my T.V.
(February 25, 2012 at 9:34 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: (Btw, it was 3:50am here when you messaged me, Tib. Dodgy )

You shouldn't have been signed in to an IM account then, should you? Tongue
I hit the hay anywhere between 8pm and never, I wake up anywhere between "never went to sleep" and 10am. Guess it's been this way for a few years now.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
completely random for me. When I work I have no idea what hours I will be working, or even if I will be working at the same job the next day. One week I remember having to be at one naval base at 5am, then the next day I had to work a commercial job at 7 am, the next day I had a one way commute of 2 and a half hours, the next week I was put on night shift. When i finally get laid off I am so sleep deprived that i can sleep all day.

I now have a new contract where I will be working 8 pm to 5 am at first, with probably sunday off. It will eventually jump up to about 13 to 14 hours a day everyday, so they will probably work me from 5 pm to about 7 am. I will do this for about 2 or 3 months raking in thousands every week, and then when I finish the contract and get laid off I will go to the Liquor store, get a bottle of vodka, slam a few back and literallly pass out for 20 hours. The next few days i will be a zombie sleeping 12 hours until I catch up on my sleep.

Right now I am doing 12 hour sleep cycles to get enough sleep to handle the upcoming contract. If the contract turns out to be shit, I will pack my tools up and drive 16 hours to Pennsylvania and pick up a 14 hour every day job and work it for about 4 or 5 months. I can make enough to support my family for an entire year off of that job. Then i come home and pass out for 2 or 3 days.
Well, last year, I had some problems falling asleep (I haven't got an explanation as to why) culminating in a day in September where I was up until 4:30 AM, and I had to miss the first day of my Creative Reading and Writing class. And then, my mother suggested I try this:
[Image: 821167_875088_trimmed.jpg]
It contains a boost for the same chemicals that allow regular sleep, and in quantities that make it actually work (my mother actually believes Head-On works!) That said, this really does work (except when it doesn't, which is only about once or twice every couple of weeks.)
Now I sleep from around 11-7:15 (except on Tuesdays, when it's an hour earlier.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.