Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navy atheist required to pray, say “Amen”, and feign hatred of atheists
Navy atheist required to pray, say “Amen”, and feign hatred of atheists
http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondbe...-atheists/

Quote:I have only been in the military for a short time, a little more than two years, yet in that time I have been in many occasions required to pray in public, required to listen and respond “Amen” after a blessing of food, and been in conversations with my superiors and been forced to respond in agreement to their comments on how Atheists are ruining America due to fear of reprisal based on how hateful their comments were.

Many christians are jerking their shit HARD over this.
RE: Navy atheist required to pray, say “Amen”, and feign hatred of atheists
The fuckers really think they are xtian "soldiers."
And then they are genuinely surprised that other cultures hate them.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Atheists destroying America? How many atheists are in congress?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(February 25, 2012 at 4:37 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Atheists destroying America? How many atheists are in congress?

By God, congress is only trying to save us from the atheist menace. Or something.
History shows us the poor decision in having a non-pluralised defense force.
(February 25, 2012 at 3:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The fuckers really think they are xtian "soldiers."

Well yeah,ever heard of the term 'muscular Christianity"?

"Chinese"Gordon of Khartoum was a muscular Christian,who would not have tolerated an atheist in his ranks.

A better example is Baden-Powell,founder of the boy scouts (who apparently really did like little boys) To this day atheists are not permitted in the boy scouts.

Not surprised about Baden-Powell; the guy was a grown man who wore shorts and a woggle who also liked to take small boys into the woods.

"What on EARTH is a woggle?" I hear somebody ask.

A woggle is a genuine bit of scouting equipment,used to keep one's neck scarf in place. (really) I think it looks EXACTLY like a hand knotted turd.

Judge for yourself:

[Image: gilwoggle2.gif]
It is difficult to imagine a valid military reason for the order so I am assuming that there wasn't one.

Would a committed Christian pretend to be an atheist just because he was ordered to do so? Somehow I doubt it. If singled out with that order, I think the appropriate response is, 'Sir, no sir!' If he was just one of a parade expected to give a joint response he could have just kept his mouth shut.

I hope I would have had the courage to refuse a direct order and trust that the ultimate consequence will fall back upon the bastard giving the order.

I hope someone here with a military background can explain the likely consequence of refusing.
A sensible man should not demand of me, or hope that when we mention a subject, we shall make a complete exposition of it. - Maimonides
(February 25, 2012 at 6:53 pm)padraic Wrote:
(February 25, 2012 at 3:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The fuckers really think they are xtian "soldiers."

Well yeah,ever heard of the term 'muscular Christianity"?

"Chinese"Gordon of Khartoum was a muscular Christian,who would not have tolerated an atheist in his ranks.

A better example is Baden-Powell,founder of the boy scouts (who apparently really did like little boys) To this day atheists are not permitted in the boy scouts.

Not surprised about Baden-Powell; the guy was a grown man who wore shorts and a woggle who also liked to take small boys into the woods.

"What on EARTH is a woggle?" I hear somebody ask.

A woggle is a genuine bit of scouting equipment,used to keep one's neck scarf in place. (really) I think it looks EXACTLY like a hand knotted turd.

Judge for yourself:

[Image: gilwoggle2.gif]

I pretty much ignore the boy scouts begging for money at the stores. I support the girl scouts. here lately some politicians have been attacking the girlscouts for being anti-american or whatever just because they teach responsible sexuality and allow anyone to join.

Yeah...isnt america great?
(February 26, 2012 at 2:41 pm)Aardverk Wrote: Would a committed Christian pretend to be an atheist just because he was ordered to do so?

In all likelihood, yeah. We'd all hear about it later, but in the heat of the moment with your superior in front of you (who is completely aware of what triggers you, via standardized training), and all of your conditioning behind you, a soldier is likely to do whatever the fuck he or she is told. The more conditioning, the more pronounced the effect. You think that you can compel a person to assault a pillbox from the front, but would be unable to compel them to pretend to be an atheist?

A quick thought experiment. How many illegal orders have officers given that you are aware of? Would you be comfortable claiming that these instances are representative of the total number of times an illegal order has been given? (if not) What happened all the other times an illegal order was given? (if so) How many times have we been made aware of this illegal order precisely because the soldiers complied?

I love the military, I love it. But if I were put in that situation I could not stand it. I would waltz over to the nearest questionable Joe, put my dick directly in his ass, get a picture of it, and get out-processed. I couldn't even stand the thought of being conscripted into any officers army of fucking christ. Let me add here, that at no time in my service did my atheism crop up. That might be due to an abnormally high number of pagans (as opposed to christian fundies just off the farm) in my company.

(hell, we had a couple buddhists and a handful of muslims as well-that was interesting, a muslim on a 240b happily screaming "get some" while he annihilated a concrete position...that's how long he held down the trigger, whilst a handful of Allah's army cowered inside)

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things atheists say: Goatherders Data 45 1808 September 18, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 1006 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5445 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2345 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1756 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 1992 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20254 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3385 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Xtians tried to pray Irma away drfuzzy 11 2424 September 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What the Bible Does NOT Say About Premarital Sex Rhondazvous 30 6405 January 25, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Angrboda