Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So christian's beleive in evolution. Apparently.
So christian's beleive in evolution. Apparently.
The other day I was having a chat with my aunt about the bible (she brought it up). Somewhere in this arguement I said if your religion has changed overtime doesn't that mean your not worshipping the true word of god? She then proceeded to tell me that people have changed and aren't as primitave as they use to be (Old testament). I said so your religion evolved? Then she says our religion hasn't evolved just the bible and that it's explained by jesus how we don't have to follow the old testament. Mighty convenient, But I ask how can you not beleive in evolution if your bible has evolved? She then told me something about faith but I ignored it and said isn't the devil the most devious being to ever exist? She says yes and I ask her well wouldn't the devil do something like make a new bible, change a few words and trick everyone into beleiving his religion? What if your supposed to be sacrificing animals and locking women in cave's?

Sorry for the extra questions at the end but yeah how can the bible evolve when it's followers don't beleive in evolution? It can't, therefore christians beleive in evolution(practically worship). It's a faith thing...
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
RE: So christian's beleive in evolution. Apparently.
Because evolving human understanding and scientific evolution aren't the same thing.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Tehcnically they are, since suman understanding evolves with our bodies.
If you have to say evolves or changes over time it's simply evolution just in a different form no matter it be physical, mental or technological.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
Believe she's trying to express the differences between biological evolution and changes in culture or perception (that may themselves be related to biological evolution...granted)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Evolution (term)

Evolution (biological)

Evolution (term) Wrote:The term evolution (from its literal meaning of "unfolding" of something into its true or explicit form) carries a connotation of gradual improvement or directionality from a beginning to an end point. This contrasts with the more general development, which can indicate change in any direction, or revolution, which implies recurring, periodic change.

We use the term now to mostly discuss biological evolution. The difference lies in the fact that Christians do NOT see the gradual changes in biology, even if they do recognize it in culture. "Evolution" does not mean only biological change, and thus they ignore what they don't like.

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Quote:She then proceeded to tell me that people have changed and aren't as primitave as they use to be (Old testament).

I disagree. Your aunt is as primitive as any goat herder listening to that shit.
(February 27, 2012 at 2:07 pm)JohnDG Wrote: The other day I was having a chat with my aunt about the bible (she brought it up). Somewhere in this arguement I said if your religion has changed overtime doesn't that mean your not worshipping the true word of god? She then proceeded to tell me that people have changed and aren't as primitave as they use to be (Old testament). I said so your religion evolved? Then she says our religion hasn't evolved just the bible and that it's explained by jesus how we don't have to follow the old testament. Mighty convenient, But I ask how can you not beleive in evolution if your bible has evolved? She then told me something about faith but I ignored it and said isn't the devil the most devious being to ever exist? She says yes and I ask her well wouldn't the devil do something like make a new bible, change a few words and trick everyone into beleiving his religion? What if your supposed to be sacrificing animals and locking women in cave's?

Sorry for the extra questions at the end but yeah how can the bible evolve when it's followers don't beleive in evolution? It can't, therefore christians beleive in evolution(practically worship). It's a faith thing...

Thats just it. the most famous Christian saying about the devil is "The devil is so devious, he has managed to convince the world he doesnt exist"

Dodgy

And they think I am supposed to get chill bumps over this?

No. If the devil TRULY is devious, then how about him being the inspiration of the new testament and the 4 gospels?

Flat out the Christians will say "No, the devil cant do that".

So let me get this straight. the devil can fool people into thinking he doesnt exist. He can fool people into making up religions (such as hinduism, Islam). He can fool people into wicca/witchcraft/druidism/nature worship. He can fool people into becoming agnostic and atheists. He can fool people into believing evolution. He can fool people into believing dinosaur bones are older than 6000 years. He can fool people into believing the big bang. In other words, he has fooled the great vast majority of humanity with the exception of a small handful of "saved" eveangelical "bapticostals"...well, that is the stupidest shit I have ever heard.

If satan can fool people into thinking he doesnt exist, and that LONG list of other things, then surely he can fool christians into thinking that Christ defeated satan.

The funny thing is, if you look at the list again, and assume satan and god are make believe, the list makes MUCH MORE sense.

Why do atheists exist? "because there is no god"

Why do conflicting religions exist? "because there is no god"

etc...etc...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apparently yo ucan be poosessed via cyberspace...wtf ReptilianPeon 14 3870 November 20, 2015 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Catholics are victims of marriage equality (apparently) piterski123 76 10800 July 5, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Science is just testemony apparently? How would you respond? ReptilianPeon 17 5093 July 4, 2015 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  A particularly annoying exchange: Apparently the Christian God now includes a... Rampant.A.I. 14 2664 July 22, 2014 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  A question that destroyes atheism, apparently. Lemonvariable72 16 3884 January 26, 2014 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Apparently, God Said "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 32 11172 August 24, 2013 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Zen Badger