Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fireman sam creator held for making racist remark.
Or not, what he actually said was a very mild quip, (one that I might have made in the same situation) and was only likely to cause offence if you see offence everywhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-17181861

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIBnTkIBrGw

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Fireman sam creator held for making racist remark.
I don't even know if that's a mild quip...sounds like a valid question to me.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
How can they have the authority to detain someone for that?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
So....was the offended "security guard" a towel-head?

Oops.

Big Grin
The problem with giving religion undue respect in a nutshell. Detaining someone for a thoughtless comment? Sheesh.

However, the only thing that is surprising is the lengths they detained him for in this situation.

The fact remains, despite any theological objections, muslim women have been passing through airports for years through security by being checked aside by a female member of staff.
I am wary of hysterics whom use this to put it on the muslim women, who will have passed security at some point.

No doubt there are occasional incidents, which by themselves are too much. But stories like this fuel aggressive nationalist hysteria which is blatantly unfair imo.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really support what the niqab represents, but misrepresentation of this story to claim they avoid security is false as far as I am aware.

EDIT: Not saying the BBC have done this.. but I can see what the Daily Fail and Sun etc will make of it in the UK.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
NP at all, a male guard can take me off to the side and pat me down...but I won't remove my scarf in public, it's verboten. Amendment, so is being patted down by a male guard, has to be female. I think I'll leave this one open ended too, it's my religion after all, and deserves respect and consideration at airport security.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
How I long for freedom of speech in this country.
And I thought the TSA agents in this country were bad...
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(February 27, 2012 at 5:52 pm)Tiberius Wrote: How I long for freedom of speech in this country.

Not gonna happen. If I hear my lawyer friends right, their counterparts in jolly ol Britain would tell them that a Bill of Rights was overkill and the Magna Carta was good enough.

Then again, that would be coming from a country that came up with the concept of ASBOs while ignoring their due-process squelching abilities.

I've long regarded Britain as a place of our legal systems birth, complete with lawyers, politicians and judges that will do their damnedest to subvert justice.

In that sense, I can see completely how much the United States shares with it's ancestor. It's all in the family. Tiger
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
We had to come up with a system of law on the double, we decided to borrow british law almost wholesale rather than come up with our own. Not that you Brits laws are the worst or anything like that, not a rib or anything. We've actually kept some of it to this very day. Our game and wildlife laws are a straight rip of the king's deer (just as one example I'm fond of).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hadiths sounds like each collection is making stuff up Krina 7 1938 November 20, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  8000 Muslims massacred by White, racist European non-Muslims. All Euro vs Euro WinterHold 92 17806 June 13, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  What Do Jihadists Really Want? Waking Up with Sam Harris #43 mralstoner 4 1178 April 13, 2017 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Sam Harris on Orlando, Islam, Trump & the Left mralstoner 1 865 June 20, 2016 at 2:39 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Making the case for Islam. Mystic 59 9001 June 11, 2016 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Sam Harris & Maajid Nawaz on reforming Islam mralstoner 82 12221 October 31, 2015 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  mirecal of making milk in cows king krish 39 5800 January 17, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  LIVE FEED: Australian cafe held up by someone with Islamic flag mralstoner 21 3483 December 16, 2014 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: mralstoner