Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kid Rock endorses Romney
Kid Rock endorses Romney
You have got to be kidding me?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPyoepqBN...jQ&lf=plcp

All of these entertainers that act like they are civil libertarians, or anarchist, then they go up and shake hands with the corporate plutocracy and try to help them gain more power. Honestly, I am SO fucking sick to my stomach over this fake ass image that modern entertainers put up. They are fucking posers. Not to mention the hypocritical stance on BOTH sides of the American political system.

Quote:Mitt Romney got an endorsement from Kid Rock who performed at a rally for the 2012 Republican Presidential candidate outside of Detroit, Michigan before a critical Michigan primary. Conservatives were outraged at President Obama over hip-hop artist Common performing at the White House but will they be equally angry over Kid Rock and some of his controversial lyrics and song titles? Will any Fox News host, including Bill O'Reilly, do a segment on this story? The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.
RE: Kid Rock endorses Romney
Rich fucks who play act thugs and anachists really turning out to be just rich fucks?

Color me surprised.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(March 2, 2012 at 2:55 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Rich fucks who play act thugs and anachists really turning out to be just rich fucks?

Color me surprised.

Exactly. Its no wonder that I no longer buy albums anymore. I havent bought a single music CD in the last decade. The main reason was being against the music industry in general. I have found over the years that the entertainers (or most of them) are just flat out lying hypocritical snobs. People like Dave Mustaine (who I rate in my top five most favorite musicians) turns out to more and more support right wing, fascist institutions and leaders... yet his musical lyrics are decidedly left wing, anti-fascist, and anarchy in nature.

How willing are you to act like something completely different just for profits?

Money brings out the worst in people.
They're just providing a product for sale. I would prefer that my favorite musicians stand behind the lyrics they produce, but the problem with the music industry is that it's an industry. And I've been around too long to assume that any celebrity is not a hypocritical asshole.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 2, 2012 at 3:09 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: They're just providing a product for sale. I would prefer that my favorite musicians stand behind the lyrics they produce, but the problem with the music industry is that it's an industry. And I've been around too long to assume that any celebrity is not a hypocritical asshole.

Same here, its one of the reasons why I prefer the indep labels and the punk labels. In fact I have my own "label" of sorts to avoid that shit. Cosmic Forums. Sure, it hasnt gone very far, but it is completely indep. If I do eventually find a group that works for me you can bet I will be running my own studio production, and the only contracts I would make is with other indeps for mass production of media, nothing more. The musicians deserve the majority ownership of their art, not some corporate butt boys who hold the master recordings hostage. Look into the history of Ray Charles (if you havent already) and you will see how quickly Ray got fucked on many levels from being payed (putting one dollar bills in his hand while counting 10 dollars) and having his master recordings held hostage with him making less than 10% from each sale.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5955 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Palestinian rock throwing, but isnt that against their religion? Kimbi 1 514 September 4, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rock Bottom Minimalist 6 419 May 31, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  A kid on my childhood street and Trump Brian37 45 5860 December 21, 2016 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pence - Dumb As A Fucking Rock Minimalist 4 1657 October 14, 2016 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  No Wonder Romney Won't Endorse Him. Minimalist 5 1355 October 7, 2016 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  The Kid Is As Big A Douchebag As His Old Man Minimalist 5 1690 September 17, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Mitt Romney considering a Libertarian Party endorsement? ReptilianPeon 9 1440 August 1, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Bernie Sanders endorses Hillary Clinton for President Tiberius 43 4352 July 14, 2016 at 6:10 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  North Korea Endorses Trump Sterben 4 774 June 1, 2016 at 2:29 am
Last Post: abaris