Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown citizen has arrived
Unknown citizen has arrived
Well hello.
My name is Anna.
I have come from AtheistForums.com.
I am an atheist.
I am not sure I am going to last on these forums.
I have come to see the differences.
Hello.
RE: Unknown citizen has arrived
Hello.
New here too, and new to atheist forums at all.
Hope to read more of you.
Wizard's first ruleTongueeople are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.
Welcome Anna! Ramen to the holy FSM its noodliness! May we all be touched, and in turn blessed - by its noodly appendage! Ramen. (I noticed that your religious views mark you as a Pastafarian lol Smile).

Welcome to the forums Anna!

EvF
Hello, Anna.

Did you see my post on atheistforums.com?
(May 15, 2009 at 9:50 pm)lrh9 Wrote: Did you see my post on atheistforums.com?
You see now this is why I never liked atheistforums.com:

People from atheistforums.com talking about atheistforums.org Wrote:Fuck those fags.
I heard they rape toddlers at atheistforums.org.
Cunts...
The end...
Struck me as where all the losers go
( http://www.atheistforums.com/how-many-of...14654.html )

Anyway, welcome to the forums Annabea, I hope you enjoy the civilized discussion we try to promote here between people of different beliefs. I certainly hope you change your initial view:
Annabea Wrote:I just joined, under the same name....they seem kind of lame...
Welcome to the forum Annabea, hope you will enjoy it here. Even though you think we're lame.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
EDIT: I've given this a bit more thought (and checked that thread Adrian linked to) since I first posted and I'd say you were welcome Anna but given that you referred to us as, "kind of lame" (and others to us as "losers" which given that you were joining it I assume you agree with) I'm not absolutely sure I do.

Whilst I can claim to be neither the most well behaved or politically correct person in the world (don't laugh everyone) I echo Adrian's sentiments ... that thread might have been a joke for all I know but if it's typical of the behaviour of the forum then it's not the way we want it here.

So, if we are losers/lame and your lot over at atheistforums.com are implicitly "winners" (yeah right!), then that means I'm a loser ... if being a loser means not mouthing off like the cretins in the thread linked then I choose to be a "loser" and I'm fucking proud to do so!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I edited the link to that thread in the original post, but here it is again: http://www.atheistforums.com/how-many-of...14654.html
Well see it was last night and no1 was on...so it was kinda boring, so I just went back to AF.com.
But see its different at AF.com because there are like no rules at all and crap so.
Also, don't take any of that from AF.com seriously. We know you don't rape toddlers okay?
And Adrain, lrh9 was saying that because of his post about this site on AF.com, not about his new sex toy (i hope you realized this for you posted a link to it...).
As for Kyu, as I said no one was on and it seems like this is a lot smaller community with quite a bit more rules (still not as strict as ChristianForums.com, thank god).
Anyway, still don't know how long I will last.
(May 16, 2009 at 11:58 am)Annabea Wrote: Well see it was last night and no1 was on...so it was kinda boring, so I just went back to AF.com.
But see its different at AF.com because there are like no rules at all and crap so.
Also, don't take any of that from AF.com seriously. We know you don't rape toddlers okay?
And Adrain, lrh9 was saying that because of his post about this site on AF.com, not about his new sex toy (i hope you realized this for you posted a link to it...).
As for Kyu, as I said no one was on and it seems like this is a lot smaller community with quite a bit more rules (still not as strict as ChristianForums.com, thank god).
Anyway, still don't know how long I will last.
Well I hope you stay a long time; you seem nice. I personally can't stand forums with no rules, because they get completely out of hand. If you tell people not to take something seriously, how are they going to be able to judge what is serious or not? I'm sure there are some good conversations at AF.com, but if you get a couple of idiots posting you can ruin the thread.

We like to think that if you come to a forum, you want to discuss things as you would if you were all sat around a table. You show respect, and listen to the arguments presented by people. Yeah, we're a smaller community, and I think that is probably because of our age rather than the rules. Most people will join one forum at a time, and atheistforums.com is the largest (and one of the oldest), so more people will join that one. That said, we are the second result in Google now, and a lot more people are registering, so who knows?

I hope you join in and start some interesting conversations though. One of our admin (Ace) is a member of loads of atheist forums, so we don't view that fact as something negative.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just arrived from The Thinking Atheist Gwaithmir 20 3062 October 1, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Just arrived and barely alive Stormcat 15 3169 December 23, 2015 at 9:35 am
Last Post: brewer
  Just arrived dissily mordentroge 23 3099 September 13, 2014 at 7:02 am
Last Post: dissily mordentroge
  I Have Arrived Removed 11 2251 November 1, 2013 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  I have arrived... Baalzebutt 22 3940 January 26, 2013 at 6:47 am
Last Post: jonb
  Leftyatbest has arrived. leftyatbest 18 3030 October 17, 2011 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Delta 094204 has arrived Delta 094204 15 3534 May 7, 2010 at 10:33 pm