Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have Arrived
I Have Arrived
I am a fourteen-year-old game enthusiast and modder. My expertise mostly fall under Valve's Hammer Editor and I have been mapping with it for a little over a year. My favorite games include Portal, Half-Life, Alien Swarm, and just about every other Valve game out there. I'm also a huge fan of the indie games Starbound, Terraria, Cave Story, The Stanley Parable, VVVVVV, Thomas Was Alone, and To the Moon.

I became an atheist about a year ago when I realized that all religion was bullshit and the difference between Greek Myths and the Bible is minimal. My father is a speech language pathologist currently working on Story Champs (he hates the name, though) and my mother is a graphic designer (you may have seen some of her stuff for Chem-Dry).

Since most of the atheists here seem to know a lot more than I do, I think I'll mostly just spectate for the most part as apposed to actually posting.
RE: I Have Arrived
The RULES Welcome
Quote:Since most of the atheists here seem to know a lot more than I do, I think I'll mostly just spectate for the most part as apposed to actually posting.

I don't think it's so much the "knowing" as much as common sense.

Welcome
Welcome and enjoy, young person!
You'll do alright.
Heyo and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote:I became an atheist about a year ago when I realized that all religion was bullshit and the difference between Greek Myths and the Bible is minimal.

You have it nailed, lad. Welcome.

I have socks older than you.
Welcome, youngen!
You already appear to be sharper than most of the 'adults' here. I think there will be mutual learning taking place.
(October 19, 2013 at 6:05 pm)Caden Wrote: Since most of the atheists here seem to know a lot more than I do, I think I'll mostly just spectate for the most part as apposed to actually posting.

But we can't make fun of you if you don't post.

Welcome to the forums, Caden.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just arrived from The Thinking Atheist Gwaithmir 20 3077 October 1, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Just arrived and barely alive Stormcat 15 3172 December 23, 2015 at 9:35 am
Last Post: brewer
  Just arrived dissily mordentroge 23 3103 September 13, 2014 at 7:02 am
Last Post: dissily mordentroge
  I have arrived... Baalzebutt 22 3942 January 26, 2013 at 6:47 am
Last Post: jonb
  Leftyatbest has arrived. leftyatbest 18 3030 October 17, 2011 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Delta 094204 has arrived Delta 094204 15 3534 May 7, 2010 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Unknown citizen has arrived Annabea 22 9133 May 16, 2009 at 4:19 pm