Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Some Point
At Some Point
women have to stop whining about stuff like this and start voting against these asswipes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/08/us/tex...TE&ei=5043

Quote:The cuts, which left many low-income women with inconvenient or costly options, grew out of the effort to eliminate state support for Planned Parenthood. Although the cuts also forced clinics that were not affiliated with the agency to close — and none of them, even the ones run by Planned Parenthood, performed abortions — supporters of the cutbacks said they were motivated by the fight against abortion.

Now, the same sentiment is likely to lead to a shutdown next week of another significant source of reproductive health care: the Medicaid Women’s Health Program, which serves 130,000 women with grants to many clinics, including those run by Planned Parenthood. Gov. Rick Perry and Republican lawmakers have said they would forgo the $35 million in federal money that finances the women’s health program in order to keep Planned Parenthood from getting any of it.

RE: At Some Point
Quote:Gov. Rick Perry and Republican lawmakers have said they would forgo the $35 million in federal money that finances the women’s health program in order to keep Planned Parenthood from getting any of it.

Of course. Better to make sure that women get no health care at all than to risk that one of them might have an abortion.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
If they're going to eliminate state support for planned parenthood, maybe they should funnel that money to support parents who have more children than they originally intended.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(March 8, 2012 at 7:54 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: If they're going to eliminate state support for planned parenthood, maybe they should funnel that money to support parents who have more children than they originally intended.

Ye Gads, but then single parents are child abusers and support for families with too many children is clear evidence of them scrounging from the state.

You can't win with republicans unless you buy into the idea of no sex before marriage, and poor people can fuck off.

"Imagine you’re locked in a huge underground nightclub filled with sinners, whores, freaks and unnameable things that rape pit bulls for fun. And you ain’t allowed out until you all vote on what you’re going to do tonight. You like to put your feet up and watch “Republican Party Reservation.” They like to have sex with normal people using knives, guns, and brand new sexual organs that you did not know existed. So you vote for television and everyone else, as far as your eye can see, votes to fuck you with switchblades.
That’s voting. You’re welcome."
- Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(March 8, 2012 at 7:54 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: If they're going to eliminate state support for planned parenthood, maybe they should funnel that money to support parents who have more children than they originally intended.

I'd advise you to familiarize this piece of Americana politica:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_queen

If you give money to the needy, the Republicans cry "Welfare queen! With her <insert riches here!>!"

Doesn't matter if it is real or fake. They'll still cry it (as documented by Wikipedia).

If you put the money into clinics like the ones Texas shot in the head, then Republicans claim they're performing abortions (even though a minority even have plans for that).
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(March 8, 2012 at 8:43 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Doesn't matter if it is real or fake. They'll still cry it

Republicans have a long history of creating imaginary boogie men to scare their own base, from so-called "welfare queens" to "death panels". Something about the Republican mindset that lends itself to the tinfoil hat mode of thinking.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Quote:If you give money to the needy, the Republicans cry "Welfare queen! With her <insert riches here!>!"
Well, welfare is one thing, however it needs strict regulation, of that I'm sure.
For I've known a lot of guys from Turkey who adopted children on paper when emigrating to Germany, and the German state had to pay child support to them for the children that he didn't even take care of.
Quote:Ye Gads, but then single parents are child abusers and support for families with too many children is clear evidence of them scrounging from the state.
Well, they do not need to be single parent families to receive child support.
There are families out there who have been subject to misfortunes like losing their job, home or etc. who cannot look after the welbeing of their child.
The thing with the US is that it receives a lot of immigrants. I'm not sure if immigration has slowed down, but they are generally from countries with somewhat higher birth rates than the average American citizen, I guess.
All of these generally represent a problem within the US capitalist system.
Quote:If you put the money into clinics like the ones Texas shot in the head, then Republicans claim they're performing abortions (even though a minority even have plans for that).
Well, in my opinion, abortions are not ought to be paid for by the state, unless they are necessary in cases of life threatening pregnancies, or in which the baby is severely disabled/disfigured/mentally retarded.
Other than that, I don't know how it exactly touches them in this regard.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(March 8, 2012 at 8:52 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
Quote:If you put the money into clinics like the ones Texas shot in the head, then Republicans claim they're performing abortions (even though a minority even have plans for that).
Well, in my opinion, abortions are not ought to be paid for by the state, unless they are necessary in cases of life threatening pregnancies, or in which the baby is severely disabled/disfigured/mentally retarded.

You're missing the point, you obtuse fuck.

The majority of those cut clinics in Texas provided family planning, birth control and condoms to keep those fucking poor-as-shit mothers from having kids that they cannot support.

The fact that you had to jump at 'abortion' shows the depths of your demagoguery, so ridiculous that you ignored the majority's procedures and protocols for a minority of actions.

Yes, abortion is distasteful to many.

But this is cutting off one's head to spite one's nose pimples.
(March 8, 2012 at 9:06 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote:
(March 8, 2012 at 8:52 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:

You're missing the point, you obtuse fuck.

The majority of those cut clinics in Texas provided family planning, birth control and condoms to keep those fucking poor-as-shit mothers from having kids that they cannot support.

The fact that you had to jump at 'abortion' shows the depths of your demagoguery, so ridiculous that you ignored the majority's procedures and protocols for a minority of actions.

Yes, abortion is distasteful to many.

But this is cutting off one's head to spite one's nose pimples.
Did I say that I agreed with the shutting down(?) of the clinics?
OR the withdrawal of government support thereof, because they're performing abortions?
I have not. So calm yourself for a while.
And to the rest of your words, I choose not to reply, so I do not have to derail another thread, but just know that I did not say anything regarding the things you have accused me just now.

(March 8, 2012 at 9:23 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Did I say that I agreed with the shutting down(?) of the clinics?
OR the withdrawal of government support thereof, because they're performing abortions?
I have not. So calm yourself for a while.

No, you just took a phrase:
"If you put the money into clinics like the ones Texas shot in the head, then Republicans claim they're performing abortions (even though a minority even have plans for that)."

Which expressed the no-win scenario of dealing with fear-culture-abusing partisans.

And you responded with "Well I think abortion is..."

How can that NOT be seen as a deflection aimed at the sourced statement?

We're not fucking discussing the ethics of abortion, we're discussing Republicans cutting funding to Texas' low-income family planning clinics.

In other words, there was no precursor, no heads up discussion, nothing.

Ergo, your statement is more likely to be a deflection-styled answer to the ethics of abortion when I'm not even talking about that.

Hence, 'obtuse fuck'.

(March 8, 2012 at 9:23 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: And to the rest of your words, I choose not to reply, so I do not have to derail another thread, but just know that I did not say anything regarding the things you have accused me just now.

What you post is what you post and is all I can respond to.

Thumbing your nose at "what you could have posted" is no more threatening than the local preacher telling me I am "going to Hell".

No worries.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3963 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2537 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The cruelty is the point Aroura 8 1040 October 12, 2018 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  A good article for understanding what motivates Trumpsters from their point of view Whateverist 15 2220 November 17, 2016 at 4:25 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What's the point in dating single mothers? Errol Monite 410 33493 June 4, 2016 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  The Gay Marriage Issue Misses the Point ComplexityofChaos 67 27162 January 20, 2013 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Violet
  DHS purchases 1.6 billion hollow point rounds. JohnDG 21 6802 January 11, 2013 at 5:02 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Guy Has A Point. Minimalist 16 3959 September 3, 2012 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The point to which anti-americanism without purpose had reached over here kılıç_mehmet 7 3972 June 5, 2012 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  A Point of View: The revolution of capitalism downbeatplumb 5 3294 September 4, 2011 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: bozo