Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Guy Has A Point.
The Guy Has A Point.
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012090...JUM80.html

Quote: LONDON (AP) - Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Desmond Tutu called Sunday for Tony Blair and George Bush to face prosecution at the International Criminal Court for their role in the 2003 U.S.-led invasion of Iraq

Tutu, the retired Anglican Church's archbishop of South Africa, wrote in an op-ed piece for The Observer newspaper that the ex-leaders of Britain and the United States should be made to "answer for their actions."

The Iraq war "has destabilized and polarized the world to a greater extent than any other conflict in history," wrote Tutu, who was awarded the Nobel prize in 1984.

"Those responsible for this suffering and loss of life should be treading the same path as some of their African and Asian peers who have been made to answer for their actions in the Hague," he added.

Of course, Blair was just a lap dog. Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld should hang
RE: The Guy Has A Point.
I agree that they should be held accountalbe for every dime and life wasted on this bullshit war they got us into.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
They should be held accountable, you say. And I believe that it was just these two that were behind the invasion?
Picking two scapegoats is not going to work. Besides, I'm certain that this will lead to nowhere, and no proceedings will be made to bring those two before court, for some reason...
I see no reason why these two should be brought before court now, as they were not brought before court when they invaded Iraq.

I think if the west is really sincere in accepting it's wrongdoings, they should proceed to rebuild Iraq, provide it with the necessary assistance and funds in becoming a 1st world nation, instead of sucking it dry of it's oil reserves.
It's really the least they can do if they want to say "Oops, we're sorry.". Because I believe that the Iraqis care little if Bush and Blair sit in a fucking cell for the rest of their lives, as this ain't gonna bring back the dead, nor remedy the damage that the war has caused.
But of course, the west can also be honest and say, "fuck you, we did this for oil, we run the shots in this world, and we don't owe you shit", and just walk away. At least it's honest, and would earn my respect in that regard, an insincere "We're sorry, it wasn't us, there were these two guys, I don't know them, they did it, although they never fired a single round, or committed any war crimes personally, or were known to be covertly bombing places dresses as arabs!" will not do it.
I believe that nations share equal guilt and shame in every decision that is taken by the leaders of a specific country, and if the west states that they are guilty of starting an illegal war, and causing deaths of many people for natural resources, they should come out and say it, and actually do something about it.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Quote:And I believe that it was just these two that were behind the invasion?

The leaders should hang first.
(September 2, 2012 at 6:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

It would be nice, but how about eliminating the social conditions that allowed that kind of corruption to happen? Get rid of private defense contractors and private 'security' companies in places like Iraq and you'll see a HUGE shift in how Washington looks at our defense budget.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Quote:Of course, Blair was just a lap dog. Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld should hang

You left out John Winston Howard, Australian Prime Minister at the time. A slimy little prick,he looks like a crooked accountant.

Also very smart, cunning and ruthless,so a pretty good PM overall. EG After one election he was asked why he had broken an election promise. Johnny explained,as if too a small child,that it "had not been a core promise". The hoi poloi just said; "Oh, that's OK then"

Australia, UK the US are all graphic examples of countries getting exactly the government they deserve.Angel Cloud
(September 2, 2012 at 6:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

I believe that they should hang the generals and their underlings aswell, to the people who supplied the US army with weapons and other supplies, wheras taking into questioning the people who have aided in weapons technology which was used in the war later on.
Come on, there is no end to it. The US should just accept that they were in the war for oil, and no one can really say anything else about it anyways, it'll be forgotten by the time a new Justin Bieber miraculously pops out of the ground somewhere in Canada. Besides, there is always a more powerful force behind any king. These people that you say are responsible for the war, are actually nothing more than puppets. Even George Bush was a puppet. And I'm fairly certain that the American public enjoyed to see some muzzies dead and bloodied on the ground in the aftermath of 9/11, so why actually bring this forward again? And hey, you also deposed of a rogue element in the world, something that was beyond the control of the US, Russia and China. However, the chaos that erupted from the sudden end of a orderly dictatorship was not contained well enough, and I believe that it was also supported for some time, and new, possibly chaotic actors and circumstances arose from it. But at the end, you got what you wanted. Really, I actually admire a person which can go out and grab whatever he wants by the balls. But in such a man, I look for honesty.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Quote:Come on, there is no end to it. The US should just accept that they were in the war for oil,

I disagree. THAT would have made some sense. This war was about domestic politics. It was supposed to be a trophy war for Dubya and his neo-con cunt buddies.

If the US wanted Iraqi oil, American oil companies would have bought it and continued to manipulate the price as they are doing this very weekend - what some call the "invisible hand of the market" - and passed the cost on the the consumer....just like they always do.

Meh. Drama queens.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote:I disagree. THAT would have made some sense. This war was about domestic politics.

AND long term control of oil supplies in the Middle East. The modus is something the US has wanted for over 50 years; a permanent military presence in the Middle East. There WILL be some US troops in Iraq [at least] indefinitely.

However, after the end of the cold war,the US badly needed a terrifying external enemy. The 9/11 attacks provided an irresistable opportunity to create one. Arab terrorists also provided a splendid bonus; an apparently visible domestic enemy,to justify some draconian laws and practices. Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3962 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2533 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The cruelty is the point Aroura 8 1040 October 12, 2018 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Well FOX Will Have To Get Rid Of This Guy Minimalist 14 1875 May 5, 2018 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  So this guy came knocking. brewer 7 724 March 27, 2018 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  The tough guy image within the GOP NuclearEnergy 8 2339 June 22, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  How the FUCK does this guy become president NuclearEnergy 58 16309 June 10, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  FOX IS GOING TO HAVE TO DUMP THIS GUY Minimalist 1 637 April 25, 2017 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A good article for understanding what motivates Trumpsters from their point of view Whateverist 15 2220 November 17, 2016 at 4:25 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hillary Clinton's tech guy might have asked reddit how to remove details from emails Tiberius 10 1762 September 24, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye