Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've lost all respect for Chuck Norris
I've lost all respect for Chuck Norris
Perhaps I'm the last one to learn this but Chuck Norris is part of the National Council on Bible Curriculum in Public Schools. http://www.bibleinschools.net/About-Us/T...-Be-Taught

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pnFg0Sp2...re=related

According to the article above: "The Bible's history and literature will be required to be taught in public schools in Texas under a new law ......."
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: I've lost all respect for Chuck Norris
What took you so long? The guy looks like a member of the Partridge Family doing karate.
http://www.cracked.com/article_15819_5-m...gnity.html

Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I never had any respect for Chuck Norris. His "facts" were all made up by people far more intelligent and talented than he.
Chuck Norris is anti-science, pro-bible. 'Nuff said, he sucks.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
He looks and talks like a retard, his words confirm it.
He aspires to be a thug in every role he plays, and he thinks that qualifies him to be an authority on anything he chooses in real life. That's how stupid he is.
Aparently he is against vaccines as well. http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/1...y_on_v.php
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Ya know, it just occurred to me. Teaching the Bible as history and perhaps literature might not be such a bad thing....so long as they stick to the truth. Someone like DiestPal. should write the textbook. What do you think?

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Let them teach the bible as history, and they'll start teaching the entire thing as scientific fact.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oh you want a pice of me Norris? Zidneya 15 3689 October 6, 2014 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  How can Christians and Atheist respect each other's beliefs? Hezekiah 50 8988 October 5, 2014 at 2:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Thank you all. I have lost so much. I have gained much more. Mr. Moncrieff 30 7099 March 6, 2014 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The double standard on religious respect Garethbrowne94 3 1574 April 27, 2013 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Respect towards religious people Mystic 132 36489 March 17, 2012 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: mediamogul