Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The double standard on religious respect
The double standard on religious respect
New member and committed atheist here,
I've written this blog article on religious respect and why I think we should care what other's believe. It would be great to know what other atheists and theists think of it!

<Snip!>

Thanks!
RE: The double standard on religious respect
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^

Unfortunately our rules are such that you're not allowed to post links to your own e.g. blog or YouTube videos. But fortunately, if you stick around for 30 days or post 30 post, you can re-post the link. Happy posting!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

"Respect" is a one-way street with those fuckers.

[Image: hypocrisy-christian-religion-atheist-ath...104a0f.jpg]
Ha. It's so true. In general humans have a hard time viewing things from other people's standpoints but the hypocrisy of the religious in regards to freedom of speech issues is glaringly obvious. Freedom of speech is a two way street. The reason that the religious are so quick to whine and bitch about respect when their real goal is censorship is that they can't win an open an honest debate. That's why people are deconverting in crazy numbers.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your conversion standard? zwanzig 21 1673 January 19, 2021 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Religious bumper stickers and other annoying religious actions. (rant, sorta) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 53 12774 May 25, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  How can Christians and Atheist respect each other's beliefs? Hezekiah 50 9150 October 5, 2014 at 2:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Double Standard Fruity 33 7478 April 29, 2013 at 10:58 am
Last Post: aerengarth
  Respect towards religious people Mystic 132 36601 March 17, 2012 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: mediamogul
  I've lost all respect for Chuck Norris Ziploc Surprise 16 4526 March 10, 2012 at 12:13 am
Last Post: popeyespappy