Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Just Spring
In Just Spring
It's this kind of day today, and I hate that I'm stuck indoors.

in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman

whistles far and wee

and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer
old balloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
spring
and

the

goat-footed

balloonMan whistles
far
and
wee

-- ee cummings

[Image: puddles.jpg]
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: In Just Spring
I like me some cummings. It is "leaping greenly spirits of trees"-time, in the garden. I couldn't find the green thumb thread so I thought I'd post a couple of photos from spring breaks past. I am two days away from spring break this year. Looking forward to lots of time in the garden.

Here is a photo from the first day of spring break two years ago, in 2010. So sunny.

Another from Spring 2010.

Spring break 2011

Spring break 2008

Subscribe to the thread whateverist... that way you can ALWAYS find it! Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 30, 2012 at 9:18 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Subscribe to the thread whateverist... that way you can ALWAYS find it! Big Grin

Thanks. I'll bet I did subscribe to it. So somewhere there is a way to get a list of all my subscribed threads and there it will be. Lets see if I can find it.
(March 30, 2012 at 11:04 am)whateverist Wrote:
(March 30, 2012 at 9:18 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Subscribe to the thread whateverist... that way you can ALWAYS find it! Big Grin

Thanks. I'll bet I did subscribe to it. So somewhere there is a way to get a list of all my subscribed threads and there it will be. Lets see if I can find it.

Whoa, magic! I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore. Thanks a lot Kichi.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spring Forward Foxaèr 19 924 March 14, 2021 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did you "spring forward"? Gawdzilla Sama 44 2774 November 5, 2018 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2151 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Spring Gardens Whateverist 9 1344 May 19, 2014 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Happy Easter/Pagan Spring Celebration thing Ben Davis 1 1034 April 17, 2014 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Spring Training Minimalist 11 1862 March 3, 2014 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Spring Showers Bring Summer Dresses ElleBelle 46 7976 February 24, 2014 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Who needs a spring garden infusion? Whateverist 1 1043 April 5, 2013 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Darwinian