Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 7 year old son schools teacher and class on evolution
My 7 year old son schools teacher and class on evolution
Yesterday afternoon I was sitting around my house, when my son's (1st grade) teacher called. I was surprised to see her calling on Saturday, and figured that it must've been important. When I answered she told me that my son was in trouble because he had made some racist statements on Friday.

My head nearly exploded at that moment. I couldn't believe it! There's no way my son made racist remarks. No. Way.

I was right. She explained further that the class was discussing Gorillas. My son raised his hand, like a good little boy, and apparently said, "Mrs. Evans, did you know you're an African ape?" (She's black)

She wouldn't even let him explain what he meant by that. She just told him to hush up and put him in the corner.

I explained to her that what he meant by that is that the human species had evolved into being in Africa, and since humans are nothing more than apes, everyone is an African ape, not just her, and not just black people. Once I explained this to her, she said she understood and was sorry that she didn't ask him for further explanation.

I was surprised that my son didn't mention this to me, as I did ask him about his day on Friday afternoon. He gave me the old usual, "It was okay.".

Mrs. Evans said that on Tuesday she would allow Joseph to get up in front of class and explain what he meant by what he said. (He's the only white person in his class) So, my son has written a report to read.

I am copying this as he wrote it, with just a little help from me in the spelling/puntuation department.

Joseph Wrote:I love science. My mom talks to me about science all the time. My mom taught me that all humans and all life on earth came from one common ancestor. That means we are all connected. Humans are primates. That is a long word for ape. Human life started in Africa. Since we are all humans, that means we are all Africans. A long long time ago some of our ancestors left Africa and made places to live in other parts of the earth. That's why no one really knows that everyone is African, but I do. Did you know that for humans to survive they had to be really tough? They had to survive through the ice age and they did! That's something to be really happy about. No matter what color a person's skin is, if they are a human, they are an African ape. We are all different, but this is one thing that makes us all the same. If you want to know more about this just ask. If I do not know the answer I will go home and ask my mom. If she does not know, we will google it for you. Thank you.

I am really proud of my kid! I am so glad that, as nutty as Tennessee is, they still allow the teaching of evolution in science class. I'm so thrilled that my son will get the chance to read this to his class, and redeem himself to his teacher.

/brag

RE: My 7 year old son schools teacher and class on evolution
Intelligent bloke he is becoming to be!
Awwww. Fair play to him! And you for awesome educational skills.
Good for you guys! It sounds like you two are very close! I hope the report goes well!
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
Kudos to your son! Good to see that our children's future has some type of hope.

You've got a nice model for raising kids to learn and question what is real. Smile
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
He's a great kid! Straight A's all school year! He wants to be a veterinarian or a WWE Superstar when he grows up.

Here he is, showcasing his favorite talent-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzPPopTPT0M

LOL

Genius!

(March 18, 2012 at 6:58 pm)aleialoura Wrote: He's a great kid! Straight A's all school year! He wants to be a veterinarian or a WWE Superstar when he grows up.

Here he is, showcasing his favorite talent-

My one criticism is that Z is pronounced Zed. But ill let him off on account of all Americans getting it wrong. lol
(March 18, 2012 at 7:01 pm)Insanity x Wrote: My one criticism is that Z is pronounced Zed. But ill let him off on account of all Americans getting it wrong. lol

LOL Okay, we'll take it.

He says the ultimate burp formula is one can of Cherry Doctor Pepper, drunk quickly...

Just in case anyone wondered.

The black xtians in Tennessee are just as fucked up as the white ones, Alei.

Important point to remember.
(March 18, 2012 at 6:51 pm)Forsaken Wrote: Intelligent bloke he is becoming to be!

He's already smarter than the Christian population of the world. That's a billion people. Oh, and the muslim population. That's another billion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star HAPPY NEW YEAR Nay_Sayer 14 968 January 1, 2024 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 623 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 748 January 1, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2178 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happy New Year? zebo-the-fat 28 2020 January 2, 2021 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Apollo
  Which console zo buy a 12-year-old kid? franzis 20 2431 February 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  HAPPY NEW YEAR ! WinterHold 4 628 January 1, 2020 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 1022 January 2, 2019 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Godscreated
Star Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! pocaracas 21 3993 December 26, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What candy came out the year you were born? Foxaèr 23 1710 October 21, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Fireball