Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's with all the new christian members?
What's with all the new christian members?
Seriously, there's a new introduction from a christian every time I log on. It seems like there aren't usually so many. Perhaps a christian forum is trying to flood us with its members? Are there just tons of multis?

What say you, christians? Is there some kind of conspiracy here? (Not that I expect you to tell me if there is, lol.)

Atheists- am I wrong? I don't often check the member introductions, aside from during the last few days. Are there always so many Christians joining, or is this weird?
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
RE: What's with all the new christian members?
Either a lot of them or one with the same act and a host of proxies.

[Image: 1dd951_2537707.jpg]
Our meta description: "Atheist Forums is a website aimed at getting atheists and theists talking about various issues including atheism, theism, god, religion, science, and everything in between." (Bolding mine)

If you don't like the fact that we allow theist members, or the fact that three of our staff are believers (2 deists, one muslim), or that you have to put up with tolerating other people's opinions and beliefs, then kindly log out and never return, because we aren't changing our policy one bit.
It seems as though jesus's army has opened their floodgates, I know. It's good fun, though! It also means that atheism is being seen by more people as a clear threat to their weak and pitiful faith. This is probably a good thing.
I don't mind theists. When they're not being annoying, they're pretty damn amusing. Big Grin

(March 18, 2012 at 11:03 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Our meta description: "Atheist Forums is a website aimed at getting atheists and theists talking about various issues including atheism, theism, god, religion, science, and everything in between." (Bolding mine)

If you don't like the fact that we allow theist members, or the fact that three of our staff are believers (2 deists, one muslim), or that you have to put up with tolerating other people's opinions and beliefs, then kindly log out and never return, because we aren't changing our policy one bit.

Oh, no. I don't mind, but it seemed like there were more than usual.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
Yeah .... I don't mind theists.... Can't eat a whole one though.

I'm just a bit techy about the sock puppets that were banned for a very good reason
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 18, 2012 at 10:47 pm)Aegrus Wrote: Seriously, there's a new introduction from a christian every time I log on. It seems like there aren't usually so many. Perhaps a christian forum is trying to flood us with its members? Are there just tons of multis?

What say you, christians? Is there some kind of conspiracy here? (Not that I expect you to tell me if there is, lol.)

Atheists- am I wrong? I don't often check the member introductions, aside from during the last few days. Are there always so many Christians joining, or is this weird?

One in every three is a Christian in the world. Not surprising at all.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
I AM surprised in the sharp number of "authentic" xtians flooding our little neck of the Internet... It's like WE / Atheistforums.org are the only show in town?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 18, 2012 at 11:15 pm)Aegrus Wrote: Oh, no. I don't mind, but it seemed like there were more than usual.

I don't see why it needed a thread on the topic. Especially one that was essentially a complaint thread and used the word "conspiracy" in it.
(March 19, 2012 at 4:44 am)Tiberius Wrote: I don't see why it needed a thread on the topic. Especially one that was essentially a complaint thread and used the word "conspiracy" in it.

Tiberius, I'm glad to see you are supportive of theists joining and participating. However, I doubt many will participate, because most theists don't appreciate the hostile replies by many of the members here, and of course the oftentimes blasphemous comments are a little hard for most religious people to take.

I'm a bit different.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate your hardline stance in welcoming people of all beliefs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dealing with Religious Family Members Geekyalbatross 10 3018 September 21, 2014 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Grief and religous family members DMM87 9 2386 November 30, 2013 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Owlix
  [split] Hitler had ulterior motives and really wasn't a Christian after all twocompulsive 44 16658 June 28, 2011 at 11:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger