Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Methodist in Your Midst
A Methodist in Your Midst
Dear friends. I was referred here by Nick (Forsaken). I live in the Fiji Islands. Nick and I are flatmates. While he is a non-believer, I am a strong Methodist by faith. We often get into long conversations about God and I always manage to win over Nick through the strong word of God as in our holy book. Big Grin Nothing would change my faith in my God.

Nick refered me here trying to convince me to learn both sides of the argument. So here I am... not to test my faith ... not to convert anyone ... but to purely learn and make others learn the true word of God.
RE: A Methodist in Your Midst
(March 24, 2012 at 4:31 pm)Christian Wrote: not to convert anyone

Quote:make others learn the true word of God.

Bit of a contradiction there don't you think?

[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(March 24, 2012 at 4:31 pm)Christian Wrote: but to purely learn and make others learn the true word of God.

The true word seems to change each time I hear it... Funny that.

Welcome anyway Smile
(March 24, 2012 at 4:33 pm)Darwinian Wrote:
(March 24, 2012 at 4:31 pm)Christian Wrote: not to convert anyone

Quote:make others learn the true word of God.

Bit of a contradiction there don't you think?

No contradiction. I will just use the true word of God in all my conversations here. I will not ask anyone to convert. Smile

Thanks for the Welcome, btw

Darwinian is, as is often the case, correct. You have contradicted yourself. Nonetheless, welcome. I hope you will abandon your attempts to "make" people learn the "true" word of god, as making people do things is not our style and the truth of said word has not been established.
(March 24, 2012 at 4:36 pm)Christian Wrote: Thanks for the Welcome, btw

But I didn't welcome you. Please keep up.

Oh, and welcome Smile
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(March 24, 2012 at 4:36 pm)Christian Wrote: I will just use the true word of God in all my conversations here.

How do you know you are right and all the others with their version of the true words are wrong?
(March 24, 2012 at 4:37 pm)Shell B Wrote: I hope you will abandon your attempts to "make" people learn the "true" word of god, as making people do things is not our style and the truth of said word has not been established.

Thanks for the welcome Shell B.

Bible has fully proved the true word of God. Nonetheless, I will spectate most of the time.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man Is either a fool or a coward, whoever cannot take care of
Himself without that law is both, for a wounded man shall
Say to his assailant, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven"
Such is the rule of honor....oh, I thought this was the Lamb Of God thread Smile
How sweet; fresh meat. Wink

Jump in, the water's cold but refreshing and the sharks should be pretty full, having fed a lot over the past few days.

(March 24, 2012 at 4:31 pm)Christian Wrote: Nothing would change my faith in my God.

Yet you expect us to change our minds as you "make others learn the true word". How very openminded of you.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'