Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What really goes on in American churches.
What really goes on in American churches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Qulo0AH...ature=plcp

This guy is clearly a repressed homosexual.
RE: What really goes on in American churches.
Wow. What a fucking asshole.

Now you guys know what we're dealing with.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
He doth appear to protest too much, methinks.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
me thinks his flock is little.............
... and his flesh is weak.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
That man needs some Lithium. He is clearly unbalanced.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
(April 4, 2012 at 8:11 pm)mediamogul Wrote: That man needs some Lithium.

RAW lithium.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
That's not what happens in any church I've ever been in. He needs a good dose of God's love.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 5, 2012 at 12:42 am)Godschild Wrote: That's not what happens in any church I've ever been in. He needs a good dose of God's love.

There are churches that do a lot of good. That doesn't stop me from laughing at the crazy ones. Tongue

And the one in the video is either crazy, or deaf.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
(April 5, 2012 at 12:42 am)Godschild Wrote: That's not what happens in any church I've ever been in. He needs a good dose of God's love.

The preacher in question would probably say the same about you; and I genuinely don't intend that in any euphemistic sense, only from the observation that religious types seem to have this peculiar tendency of not wanting to recognise their religious fellows.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1386 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6598 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What to do with all the empty churches? I_am_not_mafia 22 4441 March 30, 2018 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I am confused by American christians downbeatplumb 60 11920 October 1, 2017 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Washington Post Tries To Help Out Creatards and Ken Ham goes ballistic. Minimalist 12 3045 January 1, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Huffington post article today: "My Emancipation from American Christianity" drfuzzy 35 13568 December 6, 2015 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Josh Feuerstein goes on TV and gets roasted. TheRocketSurgeon 28 6494 September 27, 2015 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Does Calvinism make the most sense as far as Christianity Goes? The Batlord 63 16903 August 16, 2015 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  How many churches in your town? Norman Humann 50 7390 January 29, 2015 at 8:54 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  'Drich, which of the millions of different christian denominations goes to Heaven?' Drich 208 38252 January 23, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Spooky