Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In honor of Summer: The something nice to say thread
In honor of Summer: The something nice to say thread
Well, negativity does seem to run off the queens around here. While I think both negativity and positivity (apparently not a word) have an important role in all open discussions, I do think it is good to boost things one way or the other when a boost in such a direction is called for. So, in honor of Summer, our "say something nice or shut the fuck up" queenie Heart, I decided to start this thread. It was sort of spurred on by a discussion about body image that I just read, but this thread should certainly not be restricted to the forms of others.

Here's the idea. Say something nice about the person above you. Be genuine and kind. If you can't be, this is not the thread for you.

So as not to have inadvertently fished for a compliment, the first poster in this thread can choose a different member and compliment them. Smile I will do the same. I am off to choose a random person from the "online" list. I got Rayaan! How easy.

Rayaan, your voice is a welcome one in every thread you enter. You are fun, intelligent and much more. I will save some compliments for later, in case I pop in below you again.

Summer! You may have gone, but perhaps you can come participate here when Ace shows up. Tongue Love you.
RE: In honor of Summer: The something nice to say thread
Thank you for making this thread, Shell. And thank you for the compliment. You are the coolest Cyber Bitch ever. Big Grin
Rayaan has the coolest stare ever. Big Grin
Chuck has a strange creature in his picture that looks suspiciously like it has multiple "extremities" attached to its face. This made me laugh alittle and consider shaving my now immense beard.
I then wondered why it had wings as it seemed to be underwater. This confused me for sometime until I realized they must be some kind of flippers to propel it through the water. I was satisfied that I had solved the mystery of Chucks picture. I rewarded myself with a cookie...

I like cookies.
hmm, I don't know Raphiel, but he has a name similar to a teenage mutant ninja turtle and a renaissance artist and that makes him borderline cool.

(If I knew you better, I would give you a better compliment sir.)
[Image: Evolution.png]

Cinjin is a graphics design god.

When I joined this forum, I mistook Rayaan for another Muslim member apparently named Moslim and wrote a weird post about him.

Would like to officially apologize to you and say you are the nicest member on this forum. Smile
Forsaken joined on a very special day to me. :> my birthday. (does that comment count as nice?)

SophiaGrace doesn't post a lot, but she does sound like a nice person to me so far. She has a nice avatar, too.

Forsaken, thanks for the apology, but I had already forgiven you earlier. Big Grin
After dealing with the MSA (Muslim Student Assoc) at length when I was active in my campus' secular club, I worried that the most reasonable muslim I'd run into was some whackjob who couldn't even open a panel discussion without making a (loud) prayer first.

I stopped worrying around the time Rayaan crossed paths with this little isle in the Internet and began articulating.

It's always nice to have one's biases truly, irreparably shattered. Wink

Thank you Rayaan.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something to watch for (or avoid) The Valkyrie 24 2265 October 4, 2023 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Something to think about .... scamper 16 1636 November 13, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A hint at something deeper Ahriman 0 211 October 5, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Ok computer techs, what say you? Brian37 82 6450 October 7, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Something for nothing onlinebiker 92 4785 September 14, 2021 at 3:11 pm
  The really real Something For Nothing no one 1 396 September 12, 2021 at 5:50 pm
  Pizza, just bit the bullet, trying something new. Brian37 19 1310 June 14, 2021 at 11:58 am
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 536 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2282 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Environmental charities, what say you? Brian37 11 889 December 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: no one