Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US/Mexican immigration
US/Mexican immigration
Probably a suprise to anyone given how much Republicans waffle on about immigration. How'd ya like deez apples?

Quote:According to Mexican census data, 1 million undocumented immigrants returned to Mexico from the U.S. between 2005 and 2010 — more than three times the number who said they had returned from 2000 to 2004. The majority of these immigrants are returning to their homes for good, leading to a massive shift in Mexico, which has relied on billions in remittances as a form of social welfare. And the changing immigration patterns has led to “net zero” migration:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/04...-net-zero/
RE: US/Mexican immigration
I would say crossing the border these days would be as suicidal as staying and dealing with the drug cartels.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(March 25, 1974 at 12:39 am)JohnDG Wrote: I would say crossing the border these days would be as suicidal as staying and dealing with the drug cartels.

Yet thousands still do it. Far more good Christian Americans seem to lack the empathy to grasp just how desperate these poor people must be and that is not immoral to want a better life. ---ME? I wouldn't live in the US on a bet.

I despise the humbug of many Americans who whine about illegals,yet are happy to exploit them without conscience..

I won't even START on the nonsense of illegals on welfare or not paying taxes.

HERE? We put illegals,(fleeing from mainly from Afghanistan) men, women AND children in concentration camps while they are processed. This can take up to three years,I kid you not.
Question- What's so hard about legal immigration that people have to do it illegally?
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
(April 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm)Aegrus Wrote: Question- What's so hard about legal immigration that people have to do it illegally?

You need valuable skills lacking in the economy of the country you are heading to, or a shitload of cash.

Lack either, which is generally denied to poorer classes and you haven't much hope of immigrating to a rich western country.

Not sure what the policies are in third world countries.....
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
I should have specified- does anyone know what the specific requirements are for legal immigration to America?

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
Valuable skills or a shit load of cash. Tongue

EDIT: Oh, marrying into the country might do it too
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
padraic Wrote:I despise the humbug of many Americans who whine about illegals,yet are happy to exploit them without conscience..

'Tis the American way, pad.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 11, 2012 at 7:39 pm)Aegrus Wrote: I should have specified- does anyone know what the specific requirements are for legal immigration to America?

I looked into it. I live in America, and I couldn't even make it past the free qualifying exam, which isn't even as thorough as the main exam.

Apparently you have to be registered with selective service already, you need to know how to write English, you need to be "of good moral character", whatever that means, you already need to either have a Green Card or be a US National, and if you're disabled in any way you need to qualify for a special medical exemption.

In other words, you need to be a healthy person of "good moral character" (who judges that?), who already lives in a territory of the United States, who is registered with the military, who agrees to hold a steady job, who has money to pay for the exam, and who is at least 18, unless their parents are citizens already.
(April 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm)R-e-n-n-a-t Wrote:
(April 11, 2012 at 7:39 pm)Aegrus Wrote: I should have specified- does anyone know what the specific requirements are for legal immigration to America?

I looked into it. I live in America, and I couldn't even make it past the free qualifying exam, which isn't even as thorough as the main exam.

Apparently you have to be registered with selective service already, you need to know how to write English, you need to be "of good moral character", whatever that means, you already need to either have a Green Card or be a US National, and if you're disabled in any way you need to qualify for a special medical exemption.

In other words, you need to be a healthy person of "good moral character" (who judges that?), who already lives in a territory of the United States, who is registered with the military, who agrees to hold a steady job, who has money to pay for the exam, and who is at least 18, unless their parents are citizens already.

That's completely ridiculous. I looked up the questions on a citizenship test, and I also didn't know most of the answers. Btw, I got A's in all my classes throughout middle and high school, and I've lived in America all my life. I know most Americans don't know as much about our government or history as I do- there's no way most of the people in my home town would qualify to be U.S citizens.

Screw the powers that be. Illegal immigration ftw. Fight the crappy system.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4782 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think about the immigration crisis? FlatAssembler 37 4238 February 21, 2022 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: highdimensionman
  Illegal Immigration Lek 183 14608 February 15, 2019 at 3:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How to fix immigration. onlinebiker 5 472 November 30, 2018 at 10:33 am
Last Post: brewer
  I've been thinking about racism, immigration, violence, murder and culture Shinri 6 723 October 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  This Is Why We Can't Address Immigration Minimalist 0 306 August 23, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Immigration Payola chimp3 0 420 May 7, 2017 at 8:50 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Illegal Immigration Lek 8 1467 January 16, 2017 at 1:59 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  GOP/Cuba and anti/immigration/refugee crap Brian37 11 3885 November 29, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Ah....Ze Mexican Judge Steeks Eet Up Drumpf's Ass Again Minimalist 0 663 August 30, 2016 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist